Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SUB WOOFERS FOR MY A4?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 10:39 AM
1st Gear
Default SUB WOOFERS FOR MY A4?

I finally got it, a 2003 3.0 a4. Its awsome!!!! anyway, i have two 10inch jl audio w6's in a ported box w/ matching amp sitting in my garage. I am tempted to put them in, but the car has a bose sound system that already sounds good, I freak on the thought of having my car torn apart and having the stock 6disc removed. what do you guys think?????

Old 09-01-2007, 12:20 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: SUB WOOFERS FOR MY A4?

I had two 10" JL w0 (a couple of years ago) in my Accord. When I got my Audi, the 6 disk changer was amazing and so was being able to clearly hear all the music. Me personally, I'm over using subwoofers.

IMO no to the subs. Sell them on craigslist

Old 09-01-2007, 12:53 PM
1st Gear

In my opinion here is the thing with audio systems, you always want bass to fill in the blank spot wiht beats but NEVER over powering over the mid's and high's. In my car I have Focal Utopia mids and highs for front and rear then a 10" JL W3 with a 250 watt JL powering the sub and a 450/4 JL powering the Mids and highs. Trust me I can hear what they are saying! Then again you dont have to have the best... there are plenty of different brands that are out there that are good; MB Quart, Bose, Focal etc. Hope you figure it out!

Adam~

Old 09-01-2007, 01:27 PM
3rd Gear

Sub-wooofers are for Honda's! Audi's are nice and clean not thumpers...Thats my opinion i would rather listen to my car then music.

Old 09-01-2007, 02:13 PM
1st Gear

its simple to hook up 2 subs to all of the existing headunit /stereo without effing anything up

Old 09-01-2007, 02:46 PM
2nd Gear

I got a pioneer head unit to replace my symphony then i got 2 x 12inch MTX subs, sounds amazing.

Old 09-01-2007, 05:31 PM

it took me about an hour to run all the wires and hook up the amp...im running 2x10" and they are 10 times the bass I need, so I have an in-line RCA Bass ****, where my bupholer is, and it works phenomenal....when I'm driving my gf plays w it....I would say that 1 of your W6's will be more than enough for you....I only listen to rock and alternative, so, I really don't need any bass at all, but as someone above me said, they definately help fill in the blank spots....

well either way good luck!

Old 09-01-2007, 06:23 PM
5th Gear

ORIGINAL: qUaTtRoA4

it took me about an hour to run all the wires and hook up the amp...im running 2x10" and they are 10 times the bass I need, so I have an in-line RCA Bass ****, where my bupholer is, and it works phenomenal....when I'm driving my gf plays w it....I would say that 1 of your W6's will be more than enough for you....I only listen to rock and alternative, so, I really don't need any bass at all, but as someone above me said, they definately help fill in the blank spots....

well either way good luck!
Do you have any pics of your mounted bass ****...I just got one today and I'm not sure exactly where to put it.

Old 09-01-2007, 08:13 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: ocadam

Sub-wooofers are for Honda's! Audi's are nice and clean not thumpers...Thats my opinion i would rather listen to my car then music.
dude who cars if its an audi, half the guys on here have systems. music is the **** i wont have a car without a system for a while (only 19 yrs old). i dont like when people ask if they should do something to their car, its your car man throw the subs in, tighten yur lic plate screws and bump those 2 10s

Old 09-01-2007, 09:16 PM
3rd Gear

SDsteez if you really read what i wrote i said "Thats my opinion" systems are great if you like them! I would rather just listen to my engine and my turbo spooling!

Quick Reply: SUB WOOFERS FOR MY A4?