Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stupid Question Wheel Bearings

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 08:32 PM
1st Gear
Default Stupid Question Wheel Bearings

Ok its time for me to replace my wheel bearings. That all to common sound of them grinding and endless wine when new pads and rotors "close to new" along with the all to common hum sounds at speeds above 40 thats not the tires that chimes in a little higher. I've been looking around only to find kits for the rear and not the front. The one's that need to be done the most. I plan on doing them myself to keep cost down for the up coming timing belt or SC if I can justify it at 5400... Where can I find them or can I use the one's from the passet 4 motion? Fell free to ream me for asking that but there close to the same in alot of aspects and parts.

Old 10-02-2007, 08:45 PM
5th Gear
Default RE: Stupid Question Wheel Bearings

yes u can use them from the passat. if ur gonna do them jsut do all 4. they aren't hard if u have to wheel bearing removal tool. make sure when ur doing it that u have sumthing to have ur caliper and cv up. don't let them just sit there by themselves. i found a few sets on ebay. pretty good price but idk bout the quality. and there's a diy on audiworld so if u need any help u can search for it. if u want quality ones, they aren't cheap, but i'll let u decide on that. it's also sorta time consuming so prepare to spend the whole day or at least 8 hours if u doing them first time. have fun lol

Old 10-02-2007, 11:08 PM
1st Gear

I would love the OEM Audi one's but just cant find the buggers for the life of me. Havent been to the dealer yet but at 170 online I might just go with the 70 a pop from the passet and call it good for 40k miles. Considering I dont plan on catapulting my A4 to 140mph again for some time I think its possible to drop down a little.

Old 10-02-2007, 11:32 PM
5th Gear

idk y the wheel bearing for the passat is that cheap. i mean the spindle and cv for both cars are exactly the same. it's rly weird lol. well hopefully evrything works out for u. o and to check if a part from a passat fits ur car, go to www.car-parts.com and u can search for parts for ur car and also search with an option for compatible parts. that's how i usually do it