Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

strobe lights in headlights

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2004, 11:41 PM
2nd Gear
Default strobe lights in headlights

I am currently brain storming about some visual upgrades for my car and I was wondering if anyone has had any experiance with police strobe lights (the ones that are put in the headlights)? Are there any simple things (like shaving emblems) that I am simply forgetting that would be nice visual additions to the car?

Old 11-01-2004, 11:46 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: strobe lights in headlights

if you're really looking for good ones and ones that look good then check out www.galls.com They sell strobes that fit in your headlights/turnsignals some even go for brake lights too. They also have LED's but you're going to need to buy a thingie to manage all the lights too along with all the electrical stuff as it does not come with the lights. Oh the joy of being in the fire department and EMS

Old 11-01-2004, 11:48 PM
6th Gear

Oh my god, yuck. Please no rice mods. Buy a body kit and some wheels or something.

Old 11-01-2004, 11:49 PM
2nd Gear

Check and see what the legal implications are in your state. I had a buddy in high school get in a whole lot of trouble for wiring his headlights to blink back and forth like police vehicles did before the strobes.

Old 11-01-2004, 11:57 PM
2nd Gear

IMO strobe lights are haggard, its an audi not a honda, its your car and you can do whatever you want its just my opinon. To really improve the looks of your A4 you can try 1 piece ecodes they get rid of the yellow corners and just look 100% better, and maybe get the HID kit with it if you have the money. Maybe a new grill, there are many types of grills for the A4, the most popular one is the RS4 grill which looks badass. Suspension will help your car look better by getting rid of the wheel gap and it makes it handle better. Painting the stock lowers of your car to match the color of your car, that looks awsome but can get kinda pricey; if your car is black then its kinda pointless, but my car is red, so the lowers are black. Maybe some window tint, i dunno where you live but each state has different percentage laws of tint. Thats all that comes to mind, there is tons of stuff to do if you have money.

Old 11-02-2004, 12:13 AM
6th Gear

1 piece ecodes with painted lowers and oem audi/jms body kit! yum!

Old 11-02-2004, 12:23 AM
Administrator

please dont do that, it kinda seem tacky to me

Old 11-02-2004, 05:16 PM
1st Gear

In jersey you will be pulled over and ticketed for impersonating an emergency vehicle with any of those kinds of mods. I don't understand why people "upgrade" their car with something so purposeless. I guess it's the "Wow, look what can be done" concept. I see it as giving a cop the finger.

I'm probably just envious I don't have my car so far evolved that my difficult upgrade decision is strobe lights or not.

Old 11-02-2004, 06:01 PM
2nd Gear

Wow thanks for all that input. Yes, you guys are right, I don't want the Honda look for my Audi. The reason it came to mind is, my friend has it put on his Bimmer which caught my attention.

Jestnomen,
What kind of Body kit is that in the picture again? OEM- does that mean from Audi? I really like the look of that car.

Old 11-02-2004, 06:46 PM

hey bud the money you are going to spend on a body kit you can get a turbo upgrade trust me the body kit thing is not that great before I had my Audi I had a Integra all show car you go sit somewhere to show your car your there all day maybe a hole weekend it gets damm boring at the end you might get a trophyhorrible mistake I made and I would like to save the people the trouble of going through the same thing it cost me around 12g's after everything to make my integra a show car just think if i still had that 12g's how fast my Audi would be I am kicking myself in the *** now don't do it

Quick Reply: strobe lights in headlights