Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

straight through

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2006, 07:32 PM
Tech Guru
Default straight through

i was wondering if it would hurt our cars to run straight pipes from the car back, no mufflers?

Old 11-23-2006, 07:38 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: straight through

lol... wouldnt that be LOUD AS ****?

Old 11-23-2006, 07:41 PM
Tech Guru

i dunno, they do it on other turbo cars

i used to sell dodges and the srt 4 neon was that way and wasn't loud at all

Old 11-23-2006, 08:23 PM
Administrator

u would have no back pressure but i dont see how it would hurt our cars really but think of the noise ur gonna casue, its gonna get annoying for u when u drive

i say screw the piping and just remove the cat and let it spew out from there, that would be super free flowing and u would save alot by not getting pipiing

Old 11-23-2006, 08:28 PM
Zombie Defense Force

no its not bad for your car. i ran that way for a long time. its loud and you will get pulled over tho

Old 11-23-2006, 08:42 PM
1st Gear

If you run it straight through you're going to lose low-end torque. On very high HP cars it doesn't matter that much. If you want the punch off of the line or the top-end. Its up to you.

Old 11-23-2006, 08:57 PM
2nd Gear

but it wouldnt be as noticeable. with the turbos, we will allways have back pressure.

SUGGESTION!

i found a sight, ill look for the link again, with electric cutouts. put it on the downpipe after the cat or straightpipe is u have that, then when you are replaxed driving, keep it closed. roll up to someone or just want to have fun, open it up. a cop drives by, close it. i would do it in a heartbeat, but my dad wont let me. $200 gets you one and they sell em in anywhere from 2-4" pipe i believe.

Old 11-23-2006, 11:27 PM
4th Gear

haha crazy

Old 11-24-2006, 08:38 PM
Tech Guru

ok, i don't know if i explained myself well enough or not

what i am looking to do is "cheap" exhaust so i can save for other things but still make the air more free flowing than the stock system

so i would say straight is a no since i have 2 kids and that would be crazy loud

if i am just looking for a muffler and want to go to a shop for pipe, i know straight through is best, but what brand, or does that matter?

and also are there any out there that don't come on the end with a tip, cause most i seem to find have honda or "ricer" looking tips

Old 11-24-2006, 08:46 PM
2nd Gear

replace your resinator with straight pipe. it will still have the muffler to muffle it a bit, but removing the resonator will make it a little louder with less resistance. or you can make your own cutout. you can even make it so you can open it and close it either by going under the car or making a lever under your seat or whatnot. my buddy did it on his camaro. bad...***...

Quick Reply: straight through