Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stealing Audi's

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2007, 07:42 PM
1st Gear
Default Stealing Audi's

Hey folks,

I read in a thread that this guys got his car stolen
https://www.audiforums.com/m_748808/tm.htm

Kind of concerns me. I have a 06 A4B7 Quattro and I was wondering if my car can get stolen like that so easily. My ride is parked out on the street most of the time and I don't have a garage. I mean should I get a club or one of those anti-theft devices from the late night infomercials? I thought that audi's have those anti devices that don't allow the enginie to start with out the key or something. Can somebody tell me what's up? Thanks

Old 12-24-2007, 07:52 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Stealing Audi's

for the anti-theft check goapr.com they have a good one and there is a video of it! Our car's are equiped with immobilizer so it is very very hard to steal without the key, as far as I know!

Old 12-24-2007, 07:54 PM
2nd Gear

the club is kinda useless, since you are already apr chipped, look into this http://www.goapr.com/Audi/products/antitheft.htmland check out the boomerang http://www.boomerangtracking.com/pag...spx?lang=EN-CA

Old 12-24-2007, 08:07 PM
1st Gear

unfortunately my car is an 06 and APR doesn't have a program for my whip
however, it's nice to know that weare equiped with an immobilizer.

Old 12-24-2007, 08:11 PM
4th Gear

Your car is hard to steal with the built in immobilizer. I know in the b5 all it takes is a screwdriver and about 5 minutes. Alarms and immobilizers just keep a honest man honest. If a pro wants it all they need is time. Your best bet is to get lojack so if your car gets stolen you'll know where it is and you'll have a better chance of recovery without damages. You could also try this...

http://www.ravelco.com/

Old 12-24-2007, 08:26 PM
1st Gear

Here's asecret, the car can still be driven with the immobilizer. I turned my car off one day so I could check for this. I locked the car while still in it, started the car without unlocking the doors and the car still started. Albeit, the car went straight into limp mode while driving and the beeping and flashing persisted, but it can be done

Old 12-24-2007, 09:15 PM
1st Gear

Lojack FTMFW!

There's also this thing that they have that's from dealers. All you have to do is call the car in and they have a computer with your car's info and it tells where the car is.

But it also can cut your car off no matter where it is. My mom's Expedition has it. Very handy.

Ever get it stolen, just call in and the **** won't be able to go anywhere.

Old 12-24-2007, 11:34 PM
5th Gear

this has nothing to do with cars but what if you hide a gps dog collar under the trunks carpet or something. they thieves would never expect a dog collar right?

Old 12-24-2007, 11:58 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: manhertm

Here's asecret, the car can still be driven with the immobilizer. I turned my car off one day so I could check for this. I locked the car while still in it, started the car without unlocking the doors and the car still started. Albeit, the car went straight into limp mode while driving and the beeping and flashing persisted, but it can be done
This works the alarm is only going of because of an illegal entry which trick the system! Take the key appart and leave the remote part at home and get into your car with the metal part which is the key! The remote has a chip in it same with the valet key, this is why you can drive your car! But if you only try and turn it on with the metal part and not have the chip anywhere near the car let me know how far you get!!! And if the car will start at all! This is why it is called the immobilizer without the chip you can not start the car and the car does not recognize the key, and the computer just turns it off!

Old 12-25-2007, 12:18 AM

guys...any car can be stolen...i come from bulgaria and trust me if u have a nice car...its gone... they have scanners and special trucks for lojack... they have ecu's for apr chips and such... if they really want ur car they'll take it... i've seen a renntech sl600 get stolen in 2 min by two people in the middle of the day (bulgarian mafia...one opens the hood and swaps the ecu the other opens the door)...no point in goin crazy u do have insurance...

Quick Reply: Stealing Audi's