Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: A poll
Srt 4
26.98%
WRX
73.02%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

srt 4 or wrx?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2006, 03:20 AM
3rd Gear
Default RE: srt 4 or wrx?

LOL crazy bastard!! I cant believe ur motor is still in 1 piece

Old 01-09-2006, 03:28 AM

I previously owned a 99 A4 2.8 Quattro. Nice car, but not quite what I was after. I was drawn into the Audi world by my uncle that has a modified A4 1.8t that he tracks very often with his Audi club. I believe he is also a driving instructor now also. That being said, I am very happy with my STi. I originally compared a SRT4 to a WRX, and choose a WRX. Frankly, the SRT4 has even fewer comforts then the WRX had. Modified the WRX, then I realized that the power I wanted was to much for the WRX tranny. Sold the WRX and now I have my STi that is putting down 430awhp and 416awtq on 22-23psi 93 octane (dynojet). I have ZERO worries about my tranny, as the STi tranny can easily hold this power. Actually, I want more power, so in will go a built 2.6 or 2.8ltr engine.

Anyways, the SRT4 is hands down faster then a WRX, and in a straight line test goes toe to toe with the STi. It can be made to go faster dirt cheap. If all you are into is straight line speed, the SRT4 is your best choice for the least amount of money. The WRX is a more well rounded car, but it is now where on the level of Audi quality. But hey, what is the sticker on a fully equipped A4? $28K? That is more like Subaru Legacy GT price, and that might be a better comparison to an A4.

Hate the cars for what they are, but trust me, each car is better then the other car in at least one area.

Oh yeah, to the poster that said the Audi can pick up girls? LOL. That is funny. Never once met a girl that was like "OHHHH you have an AUDI!" Many women could careless about what you drive, unless it is a BIG money car, and those women don't care about much else. Oh yeah, you might be able to pick up HS girls with the Audi. But that would get me 12-20yrs. Then again, I do not need my car to compensate. If it comes down to which car picks up more women I will put my truck or bus against most of them.

Rick

Old 01-09-2006, 03:43 AM
Zombie Defense Force

good first post, i got 2 girls in my car and they went crazy cus it was so loud, but no other girls like the noise, my old gf just like being able to go fast

Old 01-09-2006, 03:47 AM
2nd Gear

Oh yeah, to the poster that said the Audi can pick up girls? LOL. That is funny. Never once met a girl that was like "OHHHH you have an AUDI!"
People that meet me associate me with my car. Many instances where my friends that know these girls saw me and said your the guy that drives the audi. I ended up eventually going out on a few dates with one of those girls. Not that that picks up the girls but at least it is a chance to talk. Hell, even my friends g/f mom thought my car was nice when she saw me driving and she told my friend. Although the town i live in is small and im like the only guy with a red audi I always get looks. If the car looks stock then its a different story. Girls like cars, its just that older girls dont like cars as much, im sure you get toos of looks with the STI, so many times i wanted to sell my car and get an 04-05 sti[&:]

Old 01-09-2006, 03:54 AM
2nd Gear

My fiance has a 05 ford ranger thats lifted. If I drive her truck I attract a younger crowd of girls. Its the whole socal/offroading/desert thing. If Im in my audi I arract the Ladies. Older hot woman with nice german cars them selves.

Old 01-09-2006, 05:00 AM
1st Gear

I chose the srt4 over a wrx and a gti. Much faster than both and better priced.

I have run 3 STi's from about a 60 roll and beat all 3 in my srt, but all 3 were close. Im not huge into road racing or much twisties, but owning both a srt and an a4 i will say this, the Srt handles much better than the a4. Sure it looks a lot like a neon and sure the interior is sub par, but for what you pay and what you get its an amazing car. Not to mention the community is far better than most other car communities i have seen.

and to whoever said american cars handle like ****... I have yet to see and audi that has been able to keep up with a c5 z06, not to mention a c6 Z06.

Old 01-09-2006, 11:46 AM
5th Gear

Well MOST American cars handle like garbage... but most of the American sports cars are rwd with a solid rear axle... can't really ask a whole lot from that, can you? The vette obviously has an independent rear, and much lighter weight than most other American "sports" cars (Mustang, Camaro, Trans am). My 1985 Corvette had the Z51 handling package... and it was seriously a force to be reckoned with. I am pretty sure they were at 1.0g on the skidpad.

Old 01-09-2006, 12:22 PM
4th Gear

My girl loves going fast, doesnt mind the noise either.

Tom, jeff and myself just should all get together and run

Old 01-09-2006, 04:32 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: headshok2002

I am pretty sure they were at 1.0g on the skidpad.
.95, I think.

Old 01-09-2006, 04:46 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: NeonsRslow
I have run 3 STi's from about a 60 roll and beat all 3 in my srt, but all 3 were close.
Either:

1. Your car is modded.
2. The STi driver was extremely poor
3. You were racing against a stock WRX made to look like an STi.

I only say this because there is NO way a STOCK SRT4 stays anywhere near a STOCK STi. Even when my car was stock it would put 2-3 car lengths on a stock SRT4 with ease, and that was without any "abuse" to the drivetrain.

and to whoever said american cars handle like ****... I have yet to see and audi that has been able to keep up with a c5 z06, not to mention a c6 Z06.
And here lies the problem...The 2 parts of the statement don't add up? "keep up with" WHERE? The Ring? SS? Monte Carlo? Laguna Seca? The Hatch? Imola? And what does "keep up with" have to do with handling? I'm referring to balance, road feedback through the steering column, inertia transfer through the frame, and communication to the driver. The new Z06 is a great car and is fast as freak but it still came out second best to a RS6 Avant (UK spec) and standard Porsche Boxster S (a car that is considerably slower on paper) around Bedford Dome's West Circuit (a fast, tight, technical track). That has got to tell you something.

Just my 2 cents.