Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SRT-4

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 01:56 AM
Default RE: SRT-4

hey it may be a neon but it has an amazing engine. well the 1st gen anyways. Had a 98 neon r/t. Had the 4g63 in it. for all you who don't know what that is its the motor out of an evo and (hands down) the best boosted motor you will ever find.

Old 12-05-2006, 01:58 AM
4th Gear

pc-16 and an assload of other mods for 12's you could probably take a stock srt-4

Old 12-05-2006, 02:13 AM
1st Gear

If u ever see a srt-4 he might be able 2 beat u but jus roll down ur rear windows because that something they can't do lol!! i just found it funny i did it 2 one and they got pretty pissed haha!!

Old 12-05-2006, 02:19 AM

yeah they got power in front and crank in back its pretty wierd

Old 12-05-2006, 02:24 AM
1st Gear

yeaaa i found that out on an evo forum so when this srt-4 reved his engine at a light and his and my front windows were down and i jus said i kno u will kill me but i can do something u cant and i rolled down my rear windows and it looked like he got pretty mad and jus floored it when the light turned green it was pretty funny!!

Old 12-05-2006, 02:48 AM
2nd Gear

in the 12's? err...i am doubtfull of that. a gtrs elim setup with good tuning and new clutch MAY dip into 12.9, but you would need perfect driving and to be pushing like 300-350 wheel. you may get a k04 with 300 CRANK and even that is with a lotlot of modding and tuning. and even then, you would most likley be in mid to low 13's

whats the fastest anyone here has gotten a k04 to run?

ORIGINAL: Lazer Viking

pc-16 and an assload of other mods for 12's you could probably take a stock srt-4

Old 12-05-2006, 03:34 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Bondga

hey it may be a neon but it has an amazing engine. well the 1st gen anyways. Had a 98 neon r/t. Had the 4g63 in it. for all you who don't know what that is its the motor out of an evo and (hands down) the best boosted motor you will ever find.

For the record, the 4G63 in the r/t was NA. Just like the 90-94 NA DSM (Talon/Eclipse/Laser/Galant). There's a hefty difference between the NA and turbo version of the 4G63 longblock used in the Laser RS, Talon TSi, Eclipse GST/GSX & Galant VR4 & of course the EVO.

But no argument, the 4G63 was by far the best thing Chrysler was able to borrow from Mitsu during those short years. (edit: "89" - '93 ... just in case someone gets picky)

As for the SRT-4 vs. the 1.8T A4... one was built to compete in the 'uber tuner' market for a cheap price and had quite a limited production life and a cheesy plastic interior. The A4 is the exact opposite. Classy or Assy ... if you're a member of this forum you obviously made the right choice

Old 12-05-2006, 03:38 AM

You can polish a turd your entire life and its still a turd... Just because one monkey can throw it faster than your car, doesn't make it any less of a pile of ****. An "srt-4" pretty much stands for "Shitty Rice Times 4", yeah they are fast, but I'll tell you what, when a girl sees one of our cars, she instantly knows its an Audi... when they see an SRT-4, I garuntee you she thinks/probably says "NEON".

Old 12-05-2006, 04:00 AM
1st Gear

Lol. I like how your argument for your car basically deteriorated to "well girls think my car is nicer".

SRT-4 is built to go fast, just like the WRX STi is an econobox made to go really fast. I wanna see all that trash talking that you're doing to an SRT-4 owner to his face, right before he kills you in a race.

Yours and his cars are built for different purposes, accept that and move on, but don't just trash another car because it can go faster than yours. Also, if an SRT-4 is just a Neon, an A4 is just a pimped out VW.

Old 12-05-2006, 04:07 AM
2nd Gear

Lol. well put...to an extent. you are right that there is a little too much bashing. but still, i dont think its bad because its a neon. i think its bad becuase its a cheep american car trying to be a ricer. the difference between that adn a real ricer, is that that is fast out of the box, but that wont last. the cars they make ricers are the cars that you can run for 200k miles on the original oil while missing first gear and still never have the engine die or the clutch take a crap

and the SRT-4's are cheaply built, i think most Dodges are. lots of power. thats whay they do. with little quality. u notice all their adds are bashing on other companies, and saying how much power they have. the srt-4 is straightline beast that is cheep to upgrade and isnt reliable. our cars are turning machines that are somewhat luxurious and last forever if taken care of. and the SRT-4's are FWD...its compleetly retarded to put 300 horses to the front wheels. jsut dumb... they are trying to copy japan becuase japan sells.