Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sport shocks with Neuspeed springs?????

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2005, 07:06 PM
1st Gear
Default Sport shocks with Neuspeed springs?????

Before I get flamed, I know this question is asked all the time "Can i just get lowering springs and keep my stock shocks?" The answer is always no your stock shocks will go very soon. Well, I know someone who has been running Neuspeed 1.5" lowering springs on his stock sport shocks for at least half a year now and he has no problems. He says the ride is also great, with no abnormal harshness. So, my question is, for all the people that say you can't do it safely on stock sport springs have you actually tried? 1.5" is only 18.1 mm lower than the stock sport suspension. Anyway, tell me what you know.

Old 10-27-2005, 09:10 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Sport shocks with Neuspeed springs?????

this is topic is interesting because i just ordered bilstein sport shocks and h&r springs. i then went to les schwab for a full price quoote (i did this because i wanted to know how much i saved) and the les schwab guy told me that i didnt need new struts? WTF then i talked to a guy today (i dont think he knew what he was talking about) and he said he had been riding lowering springs far almost 2 years and had no probs, but when i asked him what springs they were he had no idea. i think the majority of people just dont have any idea what they are talking about. or atleast ill keep telling my self this to justify my purchace of new shocks.

Old 10-27-2005, 09:19 PM
5th Gear

Maybe they are just ignorant as to how a car with blown shocks will ride.

Old 10-27-2005, 09:49 PM
1st Gear

well I have the neuspeed race springs 2 inch drop with stock struts and I have had no problems and it drives very nice, but if you have the money to get new struts get them and no worries

Old 10-27-2005, 10:22 PM
1st Gear

Well until I hear proof I'm calling BS. I can't see how 3/4" lower will hurt struts anyway. I may regret it in the end but I think I'm gonna try it. If anyone has concrete information on this subject please post before I and others make a costly mistake. Thanks!

Old 10-27-2005, 11:37 PM
5th Gear

clconversion is dropped with eibach and non-sport shocks... his shocks are wrote.

You are obviously better off with sport shocks... but still only half way there. If you're doing all the labour yourself, then go for it... it isn't a big deal if you have to do shocks in a year anyways.

Old 10-28-2005, 02:48 AM
1st Gear

If you're doing all the labour yourself, then go for it... it isn't a big deal if you have to do shocks in a year anyways.
Exactly what I was thinking. Performance wise though how will sport springs and performance shocks compare to coil-overs? Now I need to choose between Neuspeed, Eibach, Vogtland, and H&R? Any opinions?

Old 10-28-2005, 02:55 AM
1st Gear

hey im using intrax -1.75 front and -1.5 back with stock shocks as for now it's doing fine, the reason i needed to save $$$ but when the time comes ill get new shocks but my buddy has been doing for a year now and everything is fine for him.....

Old 10-28-2005, 06:55 AM
3rd Gear

this picture is so sad for me.

why? you ask? because its a christmas presant from my parents and i cant install them untill then.

Old 10-28-2005, 07:21 AM
Administrator

ohh damn thats harsh.. i would install them then paint your old ones yellow, and black.. and stash them under the tree.. LMFAO

Quick Reply: Sport shocks with Neuspeed springs?????