Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Specialized Audi Servicers in MA??? Any ideas for my problem???

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2004, 02:59 PM
1st Gear
Default Specialized Audi Servicers in MA??? Any ideas for my problem???

Is there anyone who can recommend any good shops to service and maintain my 2002 Audi A4 1.8T near the Boston area? I'm sick of going to the dealership where they charge me and arm and a leg for crap that they screw up in the first place then tell me its not their fault. Maybe I should share my story and see if anyone can give me some ideas on what should be done:

I took my car into Bernardi Audi in Natick under warantee because there was some weird creaking noise coming from the front of my car. They ended up finding the problem and fixing it after 3 days of looking. However, when I got my car back, the top panel underneath the hood (I think its called the water guard or something like that) was not replaced. I noticed this the next time it rained and my whole passenger side floor was flooded because water leaked through without this panel. I bring the car in to Bernardi, they say "Oh, we forgot to replace the panel, we found it sitting in our garage somewhere, sorry about that. We'll dry out the car." So my car spends 3 days sitting in their garage with an ionizer drying out. 2 days after I get my car, it rains again, and I find that my windshield wipers slowly move across my windshield and stop in the middle. I had to force them down so they weren't in the middle, and took it back to Bernardi. They finally figure out that the wiper arm was rusted and needed to be replaced, which they did under warantee again (at this point I was well over my waranteed miles). So I figure everything is fine and dandy and I will never have to see these jerks again. Little did I know that 2 months later (2 days ago) my wipers would fail me yet again. So I bring my car back to them again and they tell me that if its the same part they can replace it under its 12k/12mon warantee on the part. However, obviously it is not the wiper arm, this time it is the wiper motor that is blown and the linkage between the left and right motors that is broken. So I am now stuck with paying for something that was damaged because of the dealerships service negligence in the first place. I tried calling Audi Customer Care and they told me that I have to take up my problem with the dealership and they cannot do anything to help me since I have a problem with them.

Does anyone have any ideas to try that might help me out? I am convinced this problem has occurred due to the shoddy service that I received from this dealership and I do not feel that I should have to be paying for this! Please help if you can! Otherwise, if someone can direct me to someone who specializes in servicing Audis that will be able to fix this problem for less money than this dealership is asking for.

Old 09-08-2004, 07:35 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: Specialized Audi Servicers in MA??? Any ideas for my problem???

Well, what alot of people here say is to call the dealership and ask what address should a letter from my laywer be adressed. Sometimes that helps thinkgs out with the people there.

Old 09-11-2004, 03:42 AM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Specialized Audi Servicers in MA??? Any ideas for my problem???

BTW the flooding in the interior is not cause by that panel not being there... water still goes in there with the panel there. there is a drain under your batery that frequently gets clogged if this happens it will fill up with water and flood your interior

the wiper motor was probly on its way out when you first brought it in but there probly didnt want to pay and just greased it so it world work a while longer