Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SONY amp and sub

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2005, 10:23 PM
1st Gear
Default SONY amp and sub

Okay, so i have seen a few people hatin on sony subs and amps out here. The problem is, these haters do not generally have reasons. I want to kno WHY some people dislike or like sony stuff.

Here's what im planning on doing in my car:

I have this amp:
info link: http://www.carreview.com/cat/car-aud...x.aspx#reviews

and i m planning on getting this sub:
info link: http://sm.crutchfield.com/S-z8CZzuvq...=158XSL102#Tab

can anyone tell me through facts or first hand experience why i SHOULD or SHOULD NOT do this to my car?? Thanks a lot!!

-Matt

Old 12-11-2005, 10:49 PM
5th Gear
Default RE: SONY amp and sub

Honestly Sony is poorly made and is crap, i had friends that thought it was the **** untill they heard everything else out there. Im not going to tell you not to buy it cuz you will do what you want but you can find much better for the same price.....IMO Its not so much that the amps are bad but the subs, and they tend to over rate there amps too so its not really putting out as much as it says...

Old 12-11-2005, 11:57 PM
3rd Gear

yep i had a buddy with an explode system and it was crap!!!

Old 12-12-2005, 12:13 AM
2nd Gear

yeah my friend had one of the most expensive explods and they suck. i said it straight to his face thats how bad they are. FOR ANY1 CONSIDERING BUYING SONY CAR AUDIO, DONT. u will be wasting time and money....

Old 12-12-2005, 12:17 AM
2nd Gear

I dont know much about sony car audio equipment, besides the fact that they are relatively new, so they dont have a lot of experience as such companies like JL, Pioneir, Alpine, etc....

*Just my 2 cents

Old 12-12-2005, 12:39 AM
1st Gear

tru tru... well im sorta stuck wit the amp bc I dont have the money to buy a new amp and a new sub. What do you guys mean by "it sucked" though?? Thats what im realy asking. Does it sound bad in ur opinion or does it physically break and need to be replaced?? I'm not looking to win n e sound competions... i just want a little thump. The amps gotta stay so the way I see it, matching sony to sony would be the best choice... but I dont really have much experience. Im going off sort of a common sence rule. Can u recommend a better sub that would work with my 800watt amp that is also cost efficient?

-Matt

Old 12-12-2005, 12:46 AM
1st Gear

SONY sounds shitty, its made shitty, they didnt focus enough designing there subs.. or amps.. overall DONT buy sony!

If anything.. a used system would be a LOT better than the sony system you posted!!!!

I reccomend Rockford Subs, and amp. they are great for the $$. nobody can say anything bad about rockford because they dont have problems. They aren't the greatest combination in the world but overall rockford has been great to many people. I have rockford and i love it!!!

Old 12-12-2005, 01:05 AM
1st Gear

Well now I know not to buy SONY!!!

Old 12-12-2005, 01:08 AM
3rd Gear

MTX is a great brand that you can look into to for subs. And Kenwood amps. I had sony xplode 6X9's in the rear deck of my old Accord and they sound like paper. Sony headunits i can see, but def not subs or amps...they are all look and no performance.

Old 12-12-2005, 01:09 AM
2nd Gear

well the amps arent too bad just make sure u get a couple for added wattage.

Quick Reply: SONY amp and sub