Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SON OF A F-in' BITCH!

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 01:09 PM
1st Gear
Default SON OF A F-in' BITCH!

so i'm driving home last night from work and PSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, then no power, so i pull over. get the flashlight and don't see anythign from above that came off everything feels connected and solid so down into the inch of slush, in my sweater... cop pulls up and kick on the blues so i till him to hold the damn light from above while i look, so anyway, i ended up finding that the hose that ataches to the bottom (the big hose) of the DV came off, so i put it back on and tightened everything up. seemed ok, so this morning i hear a whine....... like when my K03 went south on me....... but not anywhere as loud so i check the oil, looks good, take ti down the road a little to see if it's just me, or it's just that it's cold out ebcause that does make the turbo louder for some reason. check engine light comes on, limp mode, and i vag it, got a over boost condition. why why why why why? so i said screwit, i'm not goign to work today. so... yeah.....

Old 01-19-2007, 02:53 PM
Site Moderator
Default RE: SON OF A F-in' BITCH!

Damn that sucks. I dont see an exhaust in your mods?? Stock exhaust with k04 is way restrictive and causes too much backpressure which in my theory will cause overboost. So youre saying your turbo outlet hose came off? The one that comes from the turbo and down and the DV plugs into it and then into the intercooler pipingright? A high flowing exhaust and fmic will pretty much eliminate any chances over overboosting. Id look into the exhaust first if you dont have one. I used to go into limp from overboost all the time until i got my exhaust (as said in so many threads)

Old 01-19-2007, 03:34 PM
1st Gear

ahhhh, very good to know, i'll have to do a little playing with it i guess. no exhaust yet. guess i better start working on that.

Old 01-19-2007, 03:56 PM
2nd Gear

do you hear that air rushing through a pipe sound?

Old 01-19-2007, 04:33 PM
1st Gear

no, i did, but not since i put the hose back on. the sound i hear now sounds like the turbo winding up, just a little louder then normal. and pupping the overboost code. funny thing is i've been running this setup for 2 or so months now and haven't has the overboost, now it's popping if i take ti down the road.

Old 01-19-2007, 04:37 PM
2nd Gear

maybe you need to reset your ecu since you had that hose pop off and screw with all your sensors.

Old 01-20-2007, 02:18 AM
2nd Gear

no, that wont help him. check all of your vacuum lines, maybe another one popped off and you didnt realize it. Pressure check your system if you cant find any leaks. Then, check the dv, though I doubt it is bad. And also,check your vacuum line to your wastegate.....could be the prob.

Old 01-20-2007, 03:04 PM
1st Gear

Unplugged the batt for about 2 hours last night and fired it back up, reset all my vag coeds and too it down the road, didn't make it more then 1/8th of a mile before i got an overboost again and went to limp mode.
Space heater is warming up the garage right now. Going to go over the turbo system like you suggested quattrosedan. I'll let you know how i make out.

Old 01-20-2007, 06:07 PM
1st Gear

I have the whole hose assembly out right now. everything was connected. i was able to move the waistgate rod a little so it's not frozen but i wasn't able to open it all the way due to the way it's in the car, it's reallllly hard to get to it without removing the turbo. I did notice a very very slight wobble in the turbo shaft but it's is almost unnoticeable, not anything like my K03 was, that was really wobbling around. and i don't understand how if the bearing in the turbo was on it's way out that i would be getting MORE boost, i only checked due to the "louder then normal whistle" from it latley. so anyway, the DV looked fine and i was able to move the cylinder in it just fine, the spring tension is adjustable on it and was on a tighter setting so i loosened it right up. The only thing really left would be the N75, right? I did notice with no power connected to the N75 i was able to blow into the valve and air come out both of the other two connections, are there any tests i can do on it just to make sure this is the issue, resistance on the circuit, applying power and test the valve?

thanks!

Old 01-20-2007, 06:51 PM
Site Moderator

I wouldnt dwell on it too much until you have the necessary supporting mods for the turbo/tune you have-which includes a high flow exhaust and fmic. I know it was fine before but you dont even have 2 of the most important parts of a k04 setup as a foundation to troubleshoot from.

Quick Reply: SON OF A F-in' BITCH!