Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Someone hit my car again (UPDATED WITH PICS OF THE DAMAGE)

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 06:39 PM
Administrator
Default RE: Someone hit my car again

i got something written up
my uncle owns a body shop and he see this alot

Old 12-14-2007, 06:40 PM

ya that sucks man, if that were to happen to me i would do the same thing. if the guy took off, i would get in my car and run him off the road

Old 12-14-2007, 06:44 PM
SoCal Crew Member

dude cheng, that means you can put your body kit back on when it's fixed. yay [&:]

Old 12-14-2007, 06:47 PM
tdn
2nd Gear

good thing you caught him. sounds like your friend could also be a witness if it comes down to it. also.. are there security cameras where you were? because i'd be interested in footage of your cat like reflexes when someone hits your car.

living in the city blows when you like to keep your paint looking fresh.. my bumpers all scratched up from people not knowing how to parallel park. and a couple days ago i noticed a long scratch on my passenger door.. def wasn't there before i saw it and its hard to tell if someone did it purposely.. it's deep enough that it makes me think someone did it purposely.. but i haven't pissed anyone off recently that i'm aware of.

Old 12-14-2007, 07:04 PM

ORIGINAL: A4speed

ya that sucks man, if that were to happen to me i would do the same thing. if the guy took off, i would get in my car and run him off the road
After haveing bikes knocked over repeatedly and cars smashed in parking lots I also share that dream. B4 i die i wanna make at least one momo who damages my stuff and takes off do the same.

Old 12-14-2007, 07:55 PM
1st Gear

I wouldn't settle outside of insurance because if the repair work you get done on the car isn't quality and you have problems down the road, you won't have any recourse. With an insurance company, you can complain until they make it right again.

I've been in both situations and the one time I did the nice guy thing and settled without insurance, I got screwed. The second time I did it through insurance and as luck would have it the body shop screwed it up, so I was able to balk to the insurance company and got them to jump on the repair shop to correct it. Body shops tend to have relationships with insurance companies and are less apt to screw with them and risk losing future business.

Old 12-14-2007, 08:39 PM
SoCal Crew Member

ORIGINAL: incrementalg

I wouldn't settle outside of insurance because if the repair work you get done on the car isn't quality and you have problems down the road, you won't have any recourse. With an insurance company, you can complain until they make it right again.

I've been in both situations and the one time I did the nice guy thing and settled without insurance, I got screwed. The second time I did it through insurance and as luck would have it the body shop screwed it up, so I was able to balk to the insurance company and got them to jump on the repair shop to correct it. Body shops tend to have relationships with insurance companies and are less apt to screw with them and risk losing future business.
he does have a good point....

sorry to hear about your car Cheng... i'll come take you out to lunch soon

....everything will work out in the end, and the view will be beautiful

Old 12-14-2007, 10:03 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: PandaXpress
i jumped out the window and ran to my car
i'd like to see that

Old 12-14-2007, 10:07 PM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: Lazer Viking

ORIGINAL: PandaXpress
i jumped out the window and ran to my car
i'd like to see that
+1, hopefully the place you were at has video cameras so we can see.

Old 12-14-2007, 10:21 PM
5th Gear

wut kind of window did you jump out of? i've never seen a kind of window anybody can jump out of fast lol. and dude don't be stressed man. well at least try not to be. there are stressful times in life but you can't let it get to you. keep a cool and your head up and things will get better. i hope the guy settles the thing smoothly and soon.

Quick Reply: Someone hit my car again (UPDATED WITH PICS OF THE DAMAGE)