Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Snapped AXLE... WARRANTY?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2006, 06:28 PM
Site Moderator
Default RE: Snapped AXLE... WARRANTY?

ORIGINAL: TDRILL

Everytime the dealer tells you something just whisper to yourself "this guy is full of sh*t!", lol.
AMEN... Sounds like a rip off to me. You could buy all new tools and 10 books on how to replace the axle and spend a lot less if you DIY.

Old 10-24-2006, 09:37 PM

ORIGINAL: evoic

If Audi has possession of your car while they are determining liability / warranty coverage - then they need to be providing a rental car or prepared (IN WRITING) to reimburse you for rental car expenses.

I'm amazed at how many people let the dealer do whatever they want without raising an ENORMOUS stink about it and getting it handled quickly.

Well, If I was without a vehicle for this amount of time I would def be raising a stink. However, my girl and I work in the same building so we have just been riding in together in her car, instead of in my car like usual. The car is in Burlington MA, and I live in Marlborough MA, about 30 miles apart (28.5 accoridng to AAA). I am all set with making a huge stink at this point, just to have to pay to have it towed around. I am kind of holding my breath, if they say the warranty does not cover it, then I will make a huge stink, which will involve my lawyer...

About the rental car... I dont need one, and they are out of Audi Loaners, so i would get a little peice of crap from Enterprise... Id rather ride with my girl.

They have yet to take a negative stand on this issue, so I dont see what the point in being an *** would be? You have to pick and choose your battles, it is not yet time to fight!

ORIGINAL: onepoint8tee

quote:

Everytime the dealer tells you something just whisper to yourself "this guy is full of sh*t!", lol.

AMEN... Sounds like a rip off to me. You could buy all new tools and 10 books on how to replace the axle and spend a lot less if you DIY.

You certainly are one handy guy arent you? I think I got into a DIY discussion with you a couple months ago... But you are right, I found AXLE assemblies online for under $150 and I only spent 5 minutes searching... I told the service guy today that if the car is not covered under the warranty there is no way i am paying them $1400 for this and that I would have it done elsewhere...elsewhere would be at my house.

Old 10-25-2006, 12:32 AM
1st Gear

tell then for $1400 bucks you could have it all fixed AND take a trip to Mexico

Old 10-25-2006, 09:52 PM
2nd Gear

BUMP for dealers taking forever to tell you whether its covered or not and me wanting to know the outcome.

~sits on edge of seat

Old 10-26-2006, 01:31 AM

BUMP for dealers taking forever to tell you whether its covered or not and me wanting to know the outcome.

~sits on edge of seat

Good News!

After nearly 3 days of debate, Audi-USA has agreed to fully cover this repair!!!!! I still dont understand how there was even a question around it...

So they ordered the part today, and I should get my ride back tomorrow.

Good thing I wasnt an *** to the dealer!

To be honest the Service Guys at Pass & Weis in Burlington MA really seemed to be on my side... or they are really good liars!

Thanks to everyone on here for the support.