Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sick of hearing this

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 04:07 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Sick of hearing this

The only person that has ever said that to me was the tow-truck driver that picked me up when I blew up my RX-7.
"Ifyou would have had a truck,yourmotor wouldn't have blown."
While we were talking I mentioned the Audi. He called it a glorified Jetta, and I've never been offended by a person's ignorance on the subject since.

And Passat wagons look like ****.

Old 12-14-2007, 04:10 PM

So I guess than a Lamborghini is an overprices VW as well because VW does own Lamborghini and Bentley as well. Beleive it or not but on the Bentley Continental Gt there are some parts under the chasis that say VW on them (My friend works at a Jaguar service dealership the owner has a Bentley Continental Gt)

P.S The VW Phaeton is a badass luxury car that cost like 70 grand brand new.

Old 12-14-2007, 04:23 PM

Get outta the ghetto. A buncha riced out 1990's Vdubs with the Peurto Rican flag and some skinny not even Peurto Rican white kid drivin are bad critics.

Old 12-14-2007, 05:18 PM

ORIGINAL: domino877

P.S The VW Phaeton is a badass luxury car that cost like 70 grand brand new.
I think we all know what a Phaeton is. BTW, it's also discontinued.

Old 12-14-2007, 05:29 PM
1st Gear

Who cares, you can just purely see the jelousy drooling, and coming out of their mouth. One guy said that to me too and he drove a jetta, I told him that mine was luxury and people with good taste know how to appriciate, besides I dont drive around with ugly bitches like his girlfriend in the passenger seat.... and he found that offencive too kinda related back to the taste in things!!!! You had to be there..............!

Oh and my car wasnt cheap I just recently purchesd my 04 (see sig) for 35 CDN they are about 15000 more in my province or than in the states

Old 12-14-2007, 06:41 PM
SoCal Crew Member

Don't mind them, they're just jealous. Most car manufacturers have their luxury lines, Toyota=Lexus, Nissan=Infiniti, Ford=Lincoln, Chevrolet=Cadillac, etc...A friend commented on my A4 before, saying it was a glorified VW, then onenight when I gave him a ride, he said "damn, this is nice, it looks like a cockpit with all the red lights"

Old 12-14-2007, 06:50 PM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

It's kinda like that "NetZero" commercial, "all internet providers take you to the same internet, so why pay more to get there?"

Why?

Because just because you save a few bucks, doesn't make it worth it at all. Sure, I could have bought another sh*tbox Chevy, and so could you have. Hell, you could have bought an $8000 Kia Rio, but that doesn't mean that you would want to.

Old 12-14-2007, 07:42 PM
3rd Gear

yeah, my buddy just wrecked his old 94 Sentra on a snowy highwaylast night, and asked me todayif he should get a kia or a hyundai. I told him HELL NO...for that price he could get a used A4 with AWD and be able to avoid hitting that douchebag driving the subaru legacy that spun out right in front of him.

Old 12-14-2007, 07:50 PM
1st Gear

I wouldn't bother stressing. I started to get a little grief when I got my '06...at first I was shy about details on how much I paid 'cause I didn't want to get more grief. Finally, I just told 'em it'sa nice ride, I like the car a lot andthis is how much I paid. The questions went away pretty quickly...it's kinda hard to give someone crap when you take away the ammo.

No one ever told me I bought a glorified VW, but after owning a Jetta for 5 years, I can say it ain't so...haha. When I was looking for a new ride, I checked out the Passat 4 motion and it was practically the same price as the A4. For hahas, I just priced one on VW.com and it came to $37,940. I paid less for an '06 loaded with the S-line package.

Old 12-14-2007, 10:01 PM

ORIGINAL: incrementalg

I just priced one on VW.com and it came to $37,940. I paid less for an '06 loaded with the S-line package.
I actually do the same, well kinda...
My wife (a BMW driver) calls mine "a poor man's BMW". I didn't throw her out of the house (I actually kinda like her). I told her, "no... it's a rich man's VW". Looks like I'm gonna have change that tune. $37,900 for a Passat,..Phew!!!

Quick Reply: Sick of hearing this