Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sick of hearing this

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 02:07 PM
1st Gear
Default Sick of hearing this

I have a 08 A4. So many times at work, and from friends. I hear things like "why did you throw so much money away on a glorified jetta?!?!", "that's just a VW with a huge price tag", "audis are just expensive jettas" blah blah blah.
Anyone else getting hate because you are rockingan audi?
I'm constantly being asked how much it was too. I feel bad announcingit, because I feel thats were the nastiness is coming from.

Old 12-14-2007, 02:10 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Sick of hearing this

what does yours look like cause mine sure as hell doesnt look like a glorified jetta..... ****, just take them for a ride and show them whats up with it! quattro owns!

Old 12-14-2007, 02:17 PM
1st Gear

not to mention, the VW "comprable" car is the passat. SO tell them next time they feeel like giving you crap they should get their facts straight and stop being jealous because they drive a jetta. There is no comaprison betweent the two. People who make comments like your coworkers are usally just ignorant and jealous because they are stuck driving some POS there wife told them to buy.

Old 12-14-2007, 02:46 PM
1st Gear

I had better success responding that they're about the same price as an Accord. From my car's original bill of sale, the difference (back in '03 anyway) was less than the cost of the Quattro. People seem to think the A4 cost far more than they really do... IMO the Honda is over-priced.

And yeah, people think VW-Audi is like a Chevy vs a Pontiac, with very subtle differences.

Old 12-14-2007, 02:52 PM

haters ahahah...its funny what kind of bs jealousy makes u say... comparing the two is just retarded... if they were the same no one would be driving a audi.... forget them... plus ur the one driving it so if it makes u happy forget them ) audi owns vw... the quality for price on an audi is outstanding.

Old 12-14-2007, 03:41 PM
3rd Gear

hmmm, I have never had anybody say negative things about my car. I get nothing but compiments
They more than likely have POS cars compared to you, and they feel better about driving their POS cars by making fun of you...

Old 12-14-2007, 03:48 PM
3rd Gear

+1 you need to stop haning out with poor people.

Old 12-14-2007, 03:56 PM
1st Gear

I'm 20 and the haters are everywhere. 1/10 comments is actual compliments.

Old 12-14-2007, 04:03 PM

I got a similar response from my brother when I told him I was getting an A4...

"Why not just get a Passat w/ 4matic?"

Old 12-14-2007, 04:06 PM
1st Gear

+1 on that one..I'm 21 and I get people telling me all the time that I'm just driving a pretty Passat. I just tell them to go find a passat that looks anything close to my car and then come talk s*** to me. I had a guy in an Integra talk **** to me so I told him he was just driving a Honda and he got pissed cause he couldn't argue (the motor even says HONDA on it...lmao)

Quick Reply: Sick of hearing this