Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Should I buy an extended warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2006, 02:47 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Should I buy an extended warranty?

my timing belt broke at about 4000 rpm, it cost me 700$ all together to get all the stuff i wanted and needed to replace on it... all the timing belt parts came to about 500$, that beats the 3k

Old 03-15-2006, 02:48 AM
2nd Gear

$100 beats $700 in my book

look Im not trying to bust on you but it just seems to make sense for the fact that poarts on these cars are exspensive. that alone makes a reputable warranty worth it.

Old 03-15-2006, 02:53 AM
1st Gear

i know i know, i dont wanna fight anyone here either... but say you had 3k for the warranty, or 3k of work that isnt neccesarily going to happen... id rather pay it over time. and it has been proven to many people, esp me, that if you maintain the car properly and watch it closely, nothing tragic will happen.

Old 03-15-2006, 04:19 AM

ORIGINAL: 707782y

No, DON'T BUY IT.

This is risking your 3000 dollars...............for nothing as of now.........................

1k is fine, but 3K is a BIG NO NO..................

It's a rip off if you ask me..................

You know why they offer you the extented warranty? because the marginal benefit for them is much greater than the marginal cost...

So no no nonononononoo...................
Read this again, and if you still unsure, read this again, and think of it as a marginal benefit, why would bestbuy want you to buy their freaking warranty for couple dollars when they will fix or replace the whole thing for you that will probably cost like in the hundreds? Because they know for sure that in the long run, their marginal cost will be less than their marginal benefit...that's why they offer them, it's all businese profit.........

Old 03-15-2006, 11:48 AM
2nd Gear

No, DON'T BUY IT.

This is risking your 3000 dollars...............for nothing as of now.........................

1k is fine, but 3K is a BIG NO NO..................

It's a rip off if you ask me..................

You know why they offer you the extented warranty? because the marginal benefit for them is much greater than the marginal cost...

So no no nonononononoo...................
Read this again, and if you still unsure, read this again, and think of it as a marginal benefit, why would bestbuy want you to buy their freaking warranty for couple dollars when they will fix or replace the whole thing for you that will probably cost like in the hundreds? Because they know for sure that in the long run, their marginal cost will be less than their marginal benefit...that's why they offer them, it's all businese profit.........

ok I paid $99 dollars for an in home warranty for my new tv. Now them coming to my place and picking the sucker up alone is worth the $99. but the fact that if my tv takse a crap in the next few years I dont have a $1000 cost to pay. They just come over and replace my tv with a new one and bam the $99 warranty paid for itsself 10 times over. Its peace of mind yeah if my tv oulasts the warranty then yeah they get $99 of my hard earned money for nothing, but it is well worth the peace of mind it gives me when my friends or brother s come over and get rowdy at my apartment.

Old 03-15-2006, 12:32 PM
1st Gear

I all ways buy the warranty from best buy, i've broke so much s*** that I have bought from them and they replaced it all with brand new items, and your timing belt is just thing that went wrong, what if you tranny takes a s***, what if your engine blows up, can't fix those for under 3,000, can't argue the warranty. if i break down on the side of the freeway like I did 3 weeks ago, I called the # on the warranty and picked up my car, my fuel pump went out, got a free rental car, and it cost me 100, the bill for the fuel pump was $800 and some change, that's just one thing, I have 49,000 miles to go on it.