Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

service time

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 12:45 AM
1st Gear
Default service time

Hi Guys - this is the first service time since I got my A4. Just asking for suggestions ...

1. Should I go to a dealer for oil change / service? Or my usual lubing place is fine?

2. How do you reset the timer in the system for the next service date? Automatic?

3. How critical are the 35K, 45K etc service schedules as in new Audis? Should I sign up for one of those - but those are costly!!!

Old 03-19-2007, 01:31 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: service time

hey I am new to but I can answer some oh no a n00b lol..

[ol][*]You can go to any lube place to get your oil changed, or do it yourself.[*]Insert your key into the ignition. Push in the odometer reset button, hold it in, and turn the key to the first click. The display should read either "oil" or "service" if it does not, repeat steps #1 and #2. To reset, pull out your instrument light dimmer button at the bottom of the tachometer.Turn the ignition to the off position. When the ignition is turned back on, the display should be back to the trip odometer.[*]I dont know :P i just bought my audi yesterday
[/ol] Good luck!

Old 03-19-2007, 01:39 AM
2nd Gear

first of all, if you have some brains you can change the oil yourself and save a buttload of money! I personally use royal purple synthetic and love it...no complaints at all and runs very smooth! To change the oil and service indicator, the noob pretty much summed it up for you. For service, THE MAIN thing you need to worry about is changing your timing belt BY 60k. I have seen so many people snap the belt and have a **** fest after!!! I know this because mine snapped at 66k and spent a rediculous amount of money (new rebuilt head, labor.....forget about it). After it was all done it never ran the same so i sold it for a newer one.

Old 03-19-2007, 08:51 PM
4th Gear

Make sure that you use synthetic oil only. If you have the 1.8T also use the larger Mann or Bosch filter as this increases capacity by about 1/2 QT.

Find a good mechanic that works on Audi's for general maintenance.

As far as oil changes go, you can either do it yourself, or GASP! take it to pepboys.

Old 03-19-2007, 09:03 PM
4th Gear

The 35K and 45K mi.oil changes are free at an Audi dealer if
your car is less than 4 years old.