Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seat Belt Alarm / Chime Code

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 05:31 PM
Default Seat Belt Alarm / Chime Code

Does anyone know what the code is to turn off or reduce the length of theseat belt chime in a 2007 A4 Quattro?

As others have complained it goes off constantly and incessantly, even when you are sitting in park. I took the car to the dealership to get this modified and they first said they couldn't change it for legal reasons. So, I looked this up. According to the NHTSA, the only legal requirement by manufacturers is that there be a 4 to 8 second sound when the key is turned to the ignition position if the seat belts are not fastened. This is far less than than the constant chime every 30 seconds for 5 minutes or more the way thecar is currently programmed.

So I spoke with the service manager and even e-mailed him the NHTSA information. He said he would run it by "legal" and see what he could do to get the chime reduced. He sat on thisfor a day and then had a service advisor call the next day to say that they didn't have the capability to modify this on the A4. They could modify it on the other models, but not the A4. Hmmm only the A4? Strange, indeed.

I found a posting for seat belt codes for the 2004A8 on a different thread, but can't find one for the A4. Anyone have the code options for the seat belt chime on a 2007 A4? I'm at the point of taking out the wire cutters to shut the thing up... anyone have a wiring diagram? I don't want to unplug the sensor under the seat cause it unplugs the airbags too, so I need to know which wire goes to the seat belt alarm.

Old 05-16-2007, 06:44 PM
Default RE: Seat Belt Alarm / Chime Code

Never mind... got the codes. But I do notknow the difference between NAR old and NAR new. I know that NAR means North American Region, but what is the difference between old and new?
[*]00xxx?1: Seatbelt Warning
[ul][*]0 = No Seatbelt Warning[*]1 = Seatbelt Warning Europe-NCAP[*]2 = Seatbelt Warning USA and Canada (NAR old)[*]3 = Seatbelt Warning USA and Canada (NAR new)[*]4 = Seatbelt Warning Europe-NCAP (incl. passenger)[*]5 = Seatbelt Warning USA and Canada old (incl. passenger)[*]6 = Seatbelt Warning USA and Canada NAR new (incl. passenger) [/ul]