Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seafoaming ?s

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 09:45 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Seafoaming ?s

You should either get the filter from the dealer or get the Mobil 1 filter (both are like $10). Before you even do that, you should read up on the oil sludge threads to get a better idea of how important it is to keep up on your 1.8's maintenance.

Old 01-13-2008, 09:48 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: Stearnsy

So I remove the vac line and then start the car?
Doesn't matter.

Then once everything is sucked up shut it off and reattach the vac line?
Yes.

Old 01-13-2008, 09:49 PM
1st Gear

So I remove the vac line and then start the car? Then once everything is sucked up shut it off and reattach the vac line?
It doesn't matter. Just have somebody to keep your RPM's high enough and barely feed it in (do not submerge the line in the seafoam). Once it's done just reattach your line/s and take for a drive. Check some of the youtube videos on seafoaming to get an idea of how much smoke you're going to create.

Old 01-13-2008, 10:03 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Sherman Banks

You should either get the filter from the dealer or get the Mobil 1 filter (both are like $10). Before you even do that, you should read up on the oil sludge threads to get a better idea of how important it is to keep up on your 1.8's maintenance.
I've had the car for about 4 months now, and I'm still under warranty. The only reason I'm doing the oil change is because I'm seafoaming it. Ya'll have been great. I think I'm good for now, but if I have any more questions once I get down to business I'll check back. Thanks!

Old 01-13-2008, 11:10 PM
1st Gear

You need to make sure you get the big filter, and DEFINITELY ALWAYS ALWAYS change your filter. I get the big Mobile-1 filter; I'd suggest you do the same. It's massive.

-Chris

Old 01-14-2008, 12:29 AM

haha yea the fram one isnt small either thats the one i get o and i have a quick really stupid question so dont kill me and im sorry for stealing the tread for a sec. i amcrazy when it comes tochanging my oil and filter but i've been busy with school and stuff and i barely drive the car. i havent done the 2,500 miles yet (for like 6 months) and therefore havent changed my oil. it should be fine right? oil cant go bad if its not really being used right?

Old 01-14-2008, 12:33 AM
1st Gear

You're fine at 2500 as long as you're running synthetic. You are running synthetic right? You certainly should be. Anyway, no need to change until 5000 or so in my opinion. You can go up to 10,000 according to Audi (but you'd be insane to do so; can you say sludge?).

-Chris

Old 01-14-2008, 12:37 AM

thanks man thats what i thought but have to play it safe cause this car is killin me...

Old 01-14-2008, 08:30 AM
5th Gear

ORIGINAL: ee99ee

You need to make sure you get the big filter, and DEFINITELY ALWAYS ALWAYS change your filter. I get the big Mobile-1 filter; I'd suggest you do the same. It's massive.

-Chris
the mobil 1 big filter Advanced Auto advised to use on mine, didn't fit. it was m1-301 IIRC. but i strictly use amsoil in the car now anyways, screw mobil 1 and their fake group iv bullsh!t

Old 01-21-2008, 11:37 AM
1st Gear

I did the fuel treatment, the crank case treatment, and the vacuum line treatment. Not a lot of smoke (a few small "puffs") with the vac line treatment. I did the oil yesterday and all seems well. Thing is, when I took the old oil filter off, I spilled some into the engine bay. Now, there's oil on the driveway under the car. I'm thinking it's still just dripping out a little, but..

when I took the drain plug out, there was a washer on the plug that was so f-ing hard to get off. I'm pretty sure this was the old crush ring..was it? Cause I replaced it with a new one. I hope there isn't supposed to be two or anything..anyone know?

Quick Reply: Seafoaming ?s