Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seafoaming ?s

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 08:55 PM
1st Gear
Default Seafoaming ?s

ISEARCHEDISEARCHEDISEARCHEDISEARCHED

Hey all, I've searched around here, AZ, and Google some and haven't found anything definitive about doing seafoam in the oil, vacuum lines, and fuel tank. I want to do it this weekend but want to make sure I do it right. So in the interest of helping a new Audi owner out, don't flame me!

I found this write-up on how to do it via the vacuum lines, and I think I'm pretty comfortable with that portion of this procedure.

Here's what I don't know:
1. What size vacuum line do I need to do what I described above?
2. Should I wait until I have say, an 1/8th of a tank of fuel left before I put Seafoam in the fuel tank?
2b. How much do I put into the gas tank?

I've read about putting some in the crank case, but I don't know how to change my Audi's oil. Would you guys say it's okay to skip this part?

TIA

Old 01-13-2008, 09:00 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Seafoaming ?s

http://www.audiworld.com/tech/eng.html

If you can't change your own oil (yes you can), then wait to add it to the crankcase 25 or so miles before you're due to have your oil changed.

Old 01-13-2008, 09:03 PM
5th Gear

you can skip the crankcase if you want, but its easy as hell to change the oil. just remove the drain plug, put it back on w/ a new crush ring, and fill the oil back up. or you can just buy a pump that hooks up to the dipstick and drains it all out without ever having to get underneath the car.

and you can just use a straw and ghetto rig it onto your intake manifold to suck it in.

and you put a whole can in the gas tank, 1/2 in crankcase and 1/2 through the vacuum line. and you want ~1/2 tank of gas or more so its not too concentrated.

Old 01-13-2008, 09:06 PM

after reading that diy... i taught that u only had to do it in the front vacum line not on both..?

Old 01-13-2008, 09:07 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: fumoazul99

after reading that diy... i taught that u only had to do it in the front vacum line not on both..?
You are correct. You can do it either way.

Old 01-13-2008, 09:07 PM

chaos... whats this crush ring ur talking about?

Old 01-13-2008, 09:12 PM
CIA
1st Gear

the crush ring is a black rubber(or whatever color) that goes between the drain plug and the oil pan.

Old 01-13-2008, 09:15 PM
2nd Gear

you could always take it to get the oil changed after you put it in the crank case. When I did it I put a can in the tank, half a can in the crank case and the other half through the vac line on the front of the intake manifold. Careful when you are sucking it through the vac line to not stall the car out. I had my girl on the throttle while I fed the juice. After that I took the car to get the oil changed (I like to make sure I have records of oil changes for future oil sludge problems). It is ok to drive a bit with seafoam in the crank, just don't go on a world tour or anything. 100+ miles are o.k.

Old 01-13-2008, 09:17 PM
5th Gear

it goes in between the drain plug and the oil pan. it deforms everytime you tighten down your drain plug, creating a tight seal. which is why you have to change it every time you change your oil. if you reused it, you would get a small drip leak

Old 01-13-2008, 09:17 PM

maybe thats the reason why theres always time drop of oil next to the plug.... the bastards at speedi oil!!!

where can i get one of these crush rings?

Quick Reply: Seafoaming ?s