Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seafoam Writeup

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 09:58 PM
Default RE: Seafoam Writeup

do u just leave in it teh oil to burn up for 15 minutes? Im just doing the crankcase (oil) and gas tank. Can u walk me thru doing this? Also how long after doing this should i change my oil? After adding the seafoam to the gas tank can i add more gas to it?

Old 02-15-2006, 11:25 PM

so i did teh seafoam, i put a can in my gas tank at fill up and i added a half can (as advised by the write up) in my crank case (oil) and now i wait till this tank is gone and change my oil (and my fuel filter?).

Old 02-16-2006, 01:07 AM

Okey, the way to do it:
Tank:
simply add a whole can into your tank just before you fill up, that way the whole mixture can be mixed. Do it while at gas station. The incoming gas will mix evrything. one seafoam trits up to 8-25 gallons.

Oil:
just add half of the can into the oil, then heat up the car so that oil would be flowing easily and drive it like hell. You can do it with the intake treatment. one can treats up to 10 quarts of oil, so half of that is okey. After you did it, you have to change oil like in near 500 miles, and its recomended to halfen the next oil period. Personaly I will do it the same way. I will change oil in next 200 miles, and after that in next 1000 miles. this change is gona be mobil1 clean5000 5w-30, then the mobil1 5w-30 syntetic full. so now I have $2 a quart and then $6. it is for the best couse the gooii stuff will start to acumilate in the carter and it is for the best to take it out.

intake:
it quate anoying, if done alone ist hard, however if done with someone its easy. Your friend has to keep RPM high, 2000RPM proved to be very hard , but 3000 RPM proved to be easy. all you do is gently add the seafoam to the engine keeping in mind that too much can couse a hydrolock. however if feeded through a small tube then no problem all can happen is that engine will stall. you gently let the engine suck the fluid in, and not leting it stall, then as you come to finish let it. then wait about 15 minutes, and start the car, the car will probably start knoking, pinging, detonating. rev couple of times, put in gear and drive, drive like you stall the car. I particullary whent onto the highway, puting the car into second gear and floaring, it took about 30 seconds to acelerate from 30 to 85 MPH. do it couple of times, when you finish, drive it lightly so that the parts of the engine could cool down. park it and then go home. No smoke should come after the drive, couse I had none.

Afects imidiate:
usually when the fans turn on on my car, and I have 89 octane in, like now (nowhere higher been), the car has serious case of detonating, like it a diesel.
But now I have very little even not noticble, and thats after all the driving I did. I will see tomorow again.

I will do the seafoaming of intake again in near future.

NOTE: I used 3 cans of seafoam, 1 can in tank, 3/4 in manifold, 1/2 in oil. so I still have 1/2 left, probably will go into oil or tank, or even manifold.

ahhh, movie I will finish tomorow, my mom needed to use computer!!!

Old 02-18-2006, 02:02 AM

made the movie, it uploading right now/finished.

you will be able to see it at http://www.putfile.com/kakarot1232001
it long so have patiants, I really enjoyed making it I hope you enjoy seing it.

its called Toxic CHP2

Fixed It works now, sorry for the wait, its 8 min long.

Old 02-18-2006, 12:10 PM

Fixed it it cool now.

Old 07-02-2007, 04:39 AM
1st Gear

hey everybody i just put seafoam in my crack case and did a oil change my car runs way smoother now and rpm seem to be free runs great. i didnt put it in my gas tank. but really want to clean out my fuel system and think it coulld help take that tick tick tick sound away right? so i already did the oil change if i put seafoam in my gastank do i got to change my oil again???????