Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seafoam

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2006, 09:40 PM
Site Moderator
Default Seafoam

I have read lots of good things about using this product. Id like to flush my engine with it, but I have read through searches that some people think its a bad idea (zedex), can anyone give me a good reason to NOT use it in the crankcase? (zedex?) Has anyone used autoRx?
And am i correct that you are only supposed to keep it in the crank case for as long as it takes to go through 1 tank of gas? I know thats what it says on audizine, but im looking for more confirmations.

Old 02-08-2006, 10:38 PM
Default RE: Seafoam

well if u leave it in ur oil it will cause it to thin the oil out so bad ull start to wash ur cylinders and cause scoring of the cylinder walls. not good. ive heard nothin but good stuff. im probally goin to do this soon. i just wish ecs sold it and im sure u know why

Old 02-08-2006, 10:51 PM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: goldenchild

well if u leave it in ur oil it will cause it to thin the oil out so bad ull start to wash ur cylinders and cause scoring of the cylinder walls. not good. ive heard nothin but good stuff. im probally goin to do this soon. i just wish ecs sold it and im sure u know why
Yeah i know what you mean.. i ordered my bentley cd and only ended up having to pay like$33... Was gunna get rs4 grille as you may have read. So do you think that maybe keep the seafoam in for a couple days as opposed to a week or so?

Old 02-08-2006, 10:54 PM
3rd Gear

I've heard both good and bad things about seafoam, but I've heard only good things about Auto-Rx.

Old 02-08-2006, 10:55 PM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: flyinb501

I've heard both good and bad things about seafoam, but I've heard only good things about Auto-Rx.
Is autorx the type of thing where you drive around with it, or just let it idle for a while then change oil? Is autorx available at most local places?

Old 02-08-2006, 10:56 PM

well ive thined my oil bad from runin rich and changed new oil in 500 miles. lol. even after i refilled i still can smell it. well they say to wait after ur gas is gone bc the fumes will go into the case. thus puting the seafoam **** in it still. thats why u u do it after all the gas is gone. ill prob just get my oil from ecs and go to pep boys and get some. bc i need to get that gas **** out of my engine

Old 02-08-2006, 10:57 PM

what bad have u heard of? also can u explain some more on the auto rx

Old 02-08-2006, 11:30 PM
Site Moderator

what bad have u heard of? also can u explain some more on the auto rx
I read in a search that Zedex "wouldnt run that ****" in his beater. Thats about it. I dont know anything about auto rx myself.

Old 02-08-2006, 11:34 PM

i love ur pic of the half time show. those bitches were ruthless and hot. i was kinda too messed up to enjoy it though lol

Old 02-08-2006, 11:39 PM
Site Moderator

i love ur pic of the half time show. those bitches were ruthless and hot. i was kinda too messed up to enjoy it though lol
yeah i was wondering what kind of time you had, seemed pretty excited about it on saturday.

Quick Reply: Seafoam