Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

seafoam 2.8l quattro...No result

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 07:50 PM
1st Gear
Default seafoam 2.8l quattro...No result

So after going through all the posts and DIY....Decided to do the seafoam..bought two cans at NAPA....emptied a can into the gas tank and half into the crankcase while filling up at the gas station. Didn't do the Vac lines as i'm not at all good at all the techi stuff.Got my camera to take the video. fired up the car and waited for the show.....To my disappointment nothing happened. I mean it nothing happened. Went around for close to 5 miles around the street and it was the same. Went driving around the city for close to 50 miles and it was the same.No smoke nothing. Donno why.....any suggestions or something on what might have gone wrong.

Old 01-17-2008, 07:53 PM
Site Moderator
Default RE: seafoam 2.8l quattro...No result

Of course there wasn't any smoke, it has to be sucked into the intake for that.
I highly recommend changing the oil now that the seafoam has been in there for a while, don't want to spin a bearing or something.

Old 01-17-2008, 08:17 PM
1st Gear

do u think i can change the oil first thing tomorrow morning . Is it ok for the car to sit with the seafoam mixed in the gas and crankcase.

Old 01-17-2008, 08:17 PM
4th Gear

You missed the most effect part of the process. I seafoamed mine and there wasn't much smoke as seen in the 1.8T.

Old 01-17-2008, 08:21 PM
1st Gear

Well...i wanted to do the intake too..but with the plugs changed not more than a week ago...i didnt wanna do the intake....Dnt know if i still have to change the plugs if i just do the gas and the crankcase....Any suggestions

Old 01-17-2008, 08:23 PM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: garimella

do u think i can change the oil first thing tomorrow morning . Is it ok for the car to sit with the seafoam mixed in the gas and crankcase.
Yeah its perfectly fine letting it sit in the crankcase overnight, it just makes the oil like a watery substance.
As for the gas, you're supposed to leave it in the tank because it removes moisture from the gas so it lasts longer.

Old 01-17-2008, 08:25 PM
1st Gear

Dnt know if i still have to change/clean the plugs if i just do the gas and the crankcase....any suggestion

Old 01-17-2008, 08:27 PM
Site Moderator

It won't have any affect on the plugs, go ahead and put the new ones in.

Old 01-17-2008, 08:30 PM
1st Gear

Thanks....

Old 01-17-2008, 08:31 PM
1st Gear

Also, just because you don't see a huge cloud of smoke doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad thing. The cloud of smoke is the seafoam burning off all the carbon buildup in the engine. Yes, the huge cloud of smoke shows that the seafoam is working, but if there is not a lot of carbon buildup then there wouldn't be that much smoke. I put it in my civic and got a little bit of smoke, a buddy put it in his old s10 and got a ton of smoke, just depends on how much carbon buildup is in the engine.

Quick Reply: seafoam 2.8l quattro...No result