Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Scam or legit?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2005, 12:20 AM
Administrator
Default Scam or legit?

alright guys heres the scoop lady selling her 02 A4 really cheap.. So i sent her an email this is what i got back.

Hello,

First of all I want to thank you for contact me and your interest in my car.
I know there are numerous offers and I'm glad that you choose to contact me regarding your willingness to purchase.
The car is as good as new so you don't have to worry. Here are the most important details about the car:
- US car (US model, US specs)
- odometer in Miles, speedometer in Miles per Hour (MPH)
This car meets all Environmental Regulations in the USA (DOT, EPA).
It has a clear title issued in US and it can be registred anytime under your name without a problem. I will send you with the car the Bill Of Sale for you not have never problem to registered the car in your name and for this deal will be legitime. It's absolutely perfect, it has a clear title, has never been repaired, never been involved in any type of accident or had any paint or body work done! My husband was recently promoted so we had to move in Ireland. I live in Dublin, Ireland, now where European specs are different from the American ones. I listed the car as from USA because the website didn't let me to use my country. We brought the car with US in Dublin, Ireland, wanting to register it here, but I couldn't because in order to get it registered here it will need serious engine modifications to comply with the EU emission standards. So that is why I prefer to sell it quick now and get rid of it while I still can, because time is running and I can't keep it like that, there is a deadline term when I must pay the import tax, so I can't afford to lose time and I prefer to make some money while I still can. And, also it costs me too much driving this car legally here and also there is nobody interested in buying it here that's why I am selling it so cheap hoping to find a buyer in the US where it belongs. The best and fastest way I can ship with is using Lufthansa Air Cargo and it takes between 9-10 days to arrive at your home address and we will use a safe payment method I am affiliated at Square Trade, I have a a purchase protection account for $20000 and I assume you know what this means. I will wait for your email to let me know if you are interested in knowing more details about the purchase.

Thank you,
Sharon.

after reading that I was almost sure it was a lil fishy.. so i asked how much shipping was... and got this.

Dear Karl,

The price of my car is $4,600.00 Usd.
The price are included the all taxes and shipping cost. The shipping is FREE.
Square Trade is the third party involved who woill offer us both protection I am affiliated there with a protection account of $20000. Let me tell you how we will make this deal:
1.You will have to give me your full name and shipping address and I will open a case.
2.You will be contacted by Square Trade.
3.You will make a deposit of $1000 at Square Trade.
4.I will start the shipping proces.
5.In 5 to 10 days the car and all the documents that you need to pass it on to your name will arrive to the address you provided to Square Trade.
6.You will have 10 days to inspect and test drive the car and after 10 days if you not like the car you can send it FREE. (But you make that ONLY in 10 days after you receive the car).
7.If you want to buy the car you will send the rest of the money and the car will be yours.
The deposit you make will be kept by Square Trade until you will receive and inspected the car. The transaction is simple so everything should go as planned. I have to tell you I will sell the car to the first one who starts this deal by sending the deposit.

In 2002, I buy that car with cash. After you test drive the car (you have 10 days), if you dont like the car or something, Square Trade will refund you the $1,000.00 Usd and you return the car to Square Trade. Once I recieved the full deposit, the car is 100% yours. It is a verry good car. It is in imaculate condition, rust free, no schrach and hasn't been involved in any accident. The motor runs very well. The interior looks great. This car needs nothing. Like I say, I have a purchase protection account for $20,000.00 Usd at Square Trade. In 2004, when I have become member Seal at Square Trade, they ask me to pay for that protection acount. That protection it is for buyers assurance. So, if you dont' like the car, you will receive the money from Square Trade on my money (protection acount).

Here is my home adress:
105 Westbourne Grove, Dublin, 43017,
Ireland.

Thank you,
Sharon Louise Davidson.

now after reading that def felt like a scam.. but it turns out that "Square Trade" looks really legit.. so what you guys think?

Old 10-19-2005, 12:24 AM
4th Gear
Default RE: Scam or legit?

to much stuff, I say bullshit.

Old 10-19-2005, 12:26 AM
1st Gear

HELL NO

" I have to tell you I will sell the car to the first one who starts this deal by sending the deposit. "

Old 10-19-2005, 12:33 AM
dan
2nd Gear

Sounds dodgy to me, I'd run screaming.

If it's too good to be true, it probably is.

Old 10-19-2005, 12:35 AM
1st Gear

i've seen an email almost EXACT to that ****, same story type xcept it was a BMW 745 going for about $8000 US!! i told him that he was selling a $60,000 for a mere $8,000 and he said some bullshit. He was in Athens, Greece though. and he said it cost too much for him to register the car in athens. lol dont fall for that bullshit

OH AND they used the same SQUARE TRADE people as well, with those EXACT instructions xcept i think i had a 4000 Deposit. let me see if i've got the e-mail still.

Old 10-19-2005, 12:35 AM
2nd Gear

Dude its a scam, just looking at the price tells it all.
after that, reading that add screams scam.

Old 10-19-2005, 12:38 AM
1st Gear

GOT IT, here

Hello,
First i will thank you for your email regarding my car .Also about this the car is in a perfect condition, the milage is accurate, no scratches, no damages, no hidden defects.Kept it in a warm garage. My girlfriend is devastated that we have to sell it but we have to pay too much money for register it here,so we decide to sell it. My company have relations in States and I worked there for 2 years. I has the oportunity to buy it from there and bring it with me when I come back. The car was buyed from US, so it is US standards,so stay cool itĀ“s perfect compatibile to your standards and you will donĀ“t have to pay more duty taxes on it. And this is an impediment for me to sell it here caus, first, we have a different standards and second will be very expensive for me to register it here.I have to pay an very expensive duty taxes.The price for this car is $8,000.00 USD.
The car it is still register in States.What other info. would you like on it? It will be shipped from Athens,Greece and i will pay the shipping and insurance charges.I will do the arrangements for shipping from here.The original receipt and all remainded warranty information packet with enrollment number is included for you. If necessary ever I will assist you in getting warranty help; most people just dump it on you with a useless warranty.

The payment will be done via secure pay which means that the third party will keep the money until you receive and inspect the car. You have 10 days to inspect the car.I will wait for your email to let me know if you are interested in knowing more details about the purchase.

Best Regards

and i sent him something back, and here's what i got

Dear sir,
I telll you the final price for this car is 8000$ including all taxes for this (shipping,register,all) so you don't pay any taxes for this car only this price 8000$.Also i will using for the payment only third party:The third party we will be using is SquareTrade.I am affiliated there with a protection account of 20000$. Square Trade is the best way for a transaction such as this one.Let me tell you how we will make this deal:
1.You will have to give me your full name and shipping adrese.
2.You will be contacted by SquareTrade
3.You will make a depozit of 2000$
4. I will start the shipping proces
5.In 4 to 6 days the car and all the documents that you need to pass it on to your name will arrive to the adrese that you provided to SquareTrade.
6.You will have 10 days to inspect and test drive the car
7.If -you want to buy the car you will send the rest of the money and the car will be yours
-don't want to buy the car you will send the car and all the documents but you will suport the shipping taxes.

The depozit you make will be kepped by SquareTrade until you will receve and inspect the car and in case you don't receive the car Square Trade will refund you 100%.There is no risc in this deal.I will arrive along with the car so we can close the deal much easier(I hope you have a gueest room,just kiding) .The transaction is simple so everything should go as i planed.I have to tell you i will sell the car to the first one who starts this deal by sending the depozit.

Thanks I hope to hear from you soon.

.................................................. ..

hope that helps redgoat

Old 10-19-2005, 12:40 AM
1st Gear

AND HOW I KNEW it was a scam, i replied to an ad for a 2000 BMW 530i and heres what i got

Hello,
Sorry for delay

The 2002 BMW 530i is in a perfect condition. It's a great car. My boyfriend is devastated that we have to sell it butwe have to pay too much money for register it here,so we decide to sell it. My company have relations in States and I worked there for 2 years.
I has the oportunity to buy it from there and bring it with me when I come back.
The car was buyed from US, so it is US standards,so stay cool it4s perfect
compatibile to your standards and you will don4t have to pay more duty taxes on it.
And this is an impediment for me to sell it here caus, first, we have a different
standards and second will be very expensive for me to register it here.I have to
pay an very expensive duty taxes.The price for this car is $9,000.00USD.
The car it is still register in States.
What other info. would you like on it?
It will be shipped from Athens,Greece and i will pay the shipping and insurance charges.
I will do the arrangements for shipping from here.
The original receipt and all remainded warranty information packet with enrollment number
is included for you.
The payment will be done via secure pay which means that the third party will keep the money until you receive and inspect the car.
I will wait for your email to let me know if you are interested in knowing more details
about the purchase.

Thank you

lmao same speech

Old 10-19-2005, 12:50 AM
Administrator

wow.. that had to have been the fastest responses in the forums history.. I wonder if anyone has any ideas on how to scam the scam artist on this one.. Im sure some of you remember the Powebook scam story a while back?? LMFAO.. that was great lets see what we can do to this a-hole

Old 10-19-2005, 12:52 AM
1st Gear

I had the same experience as everyone else. I found a 2003 BMW M3 with 14,900 miles for $12,000. Naturally I emailed and got a huge email back that sounded like BS so I didn't even return a message. It's ridiculous how some people try to scam money, makes me sick.

Quick Reply: Scam or legit?