Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

S4 vs Sti

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 08:08 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: S4 vs Sti

Thats in no defense of the STi at all. Its a true statement, equally you are getting just as bent about the fact that I said Evos pop left and right. They break dude, their mitsus. Do I like the car? Yeah, I considered buying one at one point, but I couldnt justify spending 30gs on a Mitsu. When I can get a BMW 335i for a little bit more. I dont think either car, STi or Evo, are worth their price tag for the power they have. I think they could give you a little more "reliable power" out of both for that sticker.

Youre right the JDM tranny is much much infinately better, but I would much rather a tranny go than a long block. Even though youre looking at like 4k for that tranny, gears can be rebuilt.

ORIGINAL: sirfalconx

a4nicator
Re-read my post where did I say anything about reliability?
When you said they 'pop left and right' you insulted their reliability.

Why do the STi fanboys get so bent out of shape when you tell it like it is... I love the car, but it is more limited power-wise then eaither of the other two options(audi or evo)

Its not just the block, the stock STi trans isnt as strong eaither, the US spec STi trans will bend the shift fork over 350bhp after a few thousand miles, you have to get a JDM trans imported with the shorter throw/gear ratios, AND cryotreat it to handle the 380bhp reliably, or you will be tossing your trans every 20-40K.

Old 02-27-2007, 02:20 AM
2nd Gear

this thread was a funny read.. you guys need to do more reading and less typing.. with the exception of jeff and one other (NOTpurreplayya69)
)

Old 02-28-2007, 03:36 AM
1st Gear

not true all my friend.... i know kids sti's with plenty of miles on them pushen 400 at the wheels... it all depends how good the quality of the tune is how long your gonna be running on your stock internals NOW granted they can go at anytime with a good tune they can go for plenty of miles b4 u need anything new.... S4 is just a luxury car with the performance that will keep a car enthusiast happy.... whoever says sti and evo are pieces of crap cars rice burners w/e u wana call it your just ignorant because you know in most categories performance wise the s4 is gonna lose ESPECIALLY TO STAGE 2 STi if the s4 is stock.... subaru builds awesome cars and dont even argue that

Old 02-28-2007, 03:38 AM
1st Gear

idk what your talking about the tranny problem was addressed in the WRX not the STi so dont say something you dont know