Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Running 2 10' woofers off stock audi deck ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2005, 10:11 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Running 2 10' woofers off stock audi deck ?

I DONT have the bose system .
So it can be done ? And it will still sound good .. ?

Old 07-14-2005, 11:02 PM
1st Gear

you DEFINITELY can run an amp and subs off of the stock head unit and wiring. you will need a line level converter.

basically you take the stock wiring and splice into it and there is a little box that controls the gain levels and then splits it into two RCA cables.

the sound quality isnt as good but its pretty plug-n-play.

if you wanna get something easy to install you can look into bazooka tubes or the infinity basslink.

Old 07-15-2005, 12:35 AM
1st Gear

It sounds fine.. There is'nt much of a difference between the sound from an aftermarket head unit to using a LOC or LLC.

Yeah you hook up one end to the speaker wires.. and the other end goes straight into RCA to the amp.

My system sounds great and i dont have Bose.

Old 07-15-2005, 01:04 AM
3rd Gear

My friends are telling me I wont be able to 'manipulate' the subs [&:]
That true ?

Old 07-15-2005, 01:13 AM
1st Gear

what do you mean by manipulate?

The subs will add base to your music. my 2 12's and amp sound perfect in my car. and everythings stock

Old 07-15-2005, 01:32 AM
3rd Gear

Nice , thanks alot ..
Where did you get that installed?
And did you notice a wieght down with the box ?

Old 07-15-2005, 01:52 AM
1st Gear

I installed it myself.. it was really easy and fun. I had a custom made box from RIT - Mobile sound system and its heavy enough that i dont need to secure it to the floor of the car which really helped out.

Old 07-15-2005, 02:19 AM
1st Gear

I'm curios YFZFourFifty, is your install integrated under the rear deck, as in, I can still use my trunk as a trunk? I would think that the size of the enclosures would be at least 1.5 cu ft each based upon the size of your drivers. It would be cool however to tighten that bass as well as get some great extension.

Old 07-15-2005, 06:44 AM
1st Gear

okay i work at Circuit City, my question to you is what year is your car? is it a stock system meaning does it have bose or does it have bare bone factory ****? you have one option here, first is if you do have a system with a bose in it (even a regular, factory system will work) there is something called a line out converter. all u need to do is hook the both gray and both white (black stripe means negative, and solid is positive) to the rear speakers of the back. now you have 2 figure out on the speakers which one is positive and negative. then basically u have 2 run power wire down the car for your amp and find a ground and run remote turn on wire to the ignition wire in front of the car. then u will need rca cables to hook up from line out converter to ur amp. finally hook up ur subs to the amp. and thats how u can have more base in your car even tho itz a lease. if u have ne more questions note me or something

Old 07-15-2005, 12:08 PM
1st Gear

Yeah I have to say I work for Circuit City as well, going on 5 years, and I've never seen a reason I wouldn't trust my installers with my own car. When I bought my Audi, I was kinda afraid to work on it myself and I worked with an installer in the shop to put my radio in. When I did my amp install, I referred to them for help getting through the firewall and I assure you, they recommended against drilling a new hole in the firewall. I think Circuit City is MORE than competent to install as simple as a line level converter and an amp. We have a customer with a Porsche 911 GT2 that was so happy with our work that he'll drive over 2 1/2 hours just to have our shop work on it when he wants stuff done. On top of that, I think any shop with 630 locations that features a LIFETIME GUARANTEE can't be all that bad...

Quick Reply: Running 2 10' woofers off stock audi deck ?