Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Request that i made earlier

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2005, 11:05 PM
1st Gear
Default Request that i made earlier

Hey guys,
I did not mean to offend anyone or cause any problems by asking for a carfax. I have been an active member of various other forums in the past and we could just post our VINs and get a carfax sent to us by a fellow enthusiast who already had an account.

Similarly if I had an open account I would help people out too.

I looked at a lot of cars and decided I want this one so didnt think I wanted to get an account just for one, but will do anyways.
Its NOT about the money, if I wanted to argue that point I would say why do people on forums ask others for ways to make their cars better on their own? Its cuz its cheaper and fun etc....

It was asked as a fellow enthusiast, not as a cheapa$$....must be an audi thing here

anyways thanks, will get it on my own..

Q

Old 08-22-2005, 11:07 PM
18T
4th Gear
Default RE: Request that i made earlier

if i could help i would.

Old 08-22-2005, 11:10 PM
1st Gear

Hey
thanks 18T, the response was more for the guys whose mind gets 'boggled' as to why I wont pay for my carfax when I will spend 1000s on a ride....

some people dont get the concept....or are just too uptight?

Not here to cause problems or argue, been a bmw enthusiast and forum member for 4 years now, was thinking to moving to audi to check it out...thats all...

Q

Old 08-22-2005, 11:21 PM
Administrator

hey Q_AUDI dont let the comments or the action of another NEWB memeber give u the wrong idea of the people here on this forum
i would help u if i can but i cant
if i could i would like a free carfax also if i was buyin a car, we arent rich people and everyone wants everything for free anyways

and if its a dealer sellin u the car make them get u the carfax

Old 08-22-2005, 11:29 PM
1st Gear

Hey pandaXpress,

Thanks for the msg. I know there are some really cool people here. I talked to "checkmyvitals" and a couple others folks (ross and bflan) who were resposible to convince me to get an AUDI in the first place.......

I just went back and checked and on the forums we would post VINS and people would just paste the entire carfax as a reply or email it or if they freaked would summarize and give us the info we needed.....

I am surprized the MOD listened to this one fool and locked it.....

Q

Old 08-22-2005, 11:36 PM
Administrator

thats good, they got u in to AUDIs

and wow and u kno of BFlan2001 you been on this forum for while havent u

Old 08-22-2005, 11:53 PM
1st Gear

hey pandaxpress,

I would browse the forums ocassionally earlier but I only registered last week. Spence (checkmyvitals) was my main contact who offered me FREE candid advice and hooked me up with ross and bflan to get some expert advice on what models to get etc.....

I wonder if those guys who seem to be **** to pay for a carfax would pay for advice and DIYs too instead of getting them from fellow fanatics....sorry bad joke i know....lol

Q

Old 08-22-2005, 11:59 PM
dan
2nd Gear

Didnt mean anything with that comment anyway, my apologies. (bad day)

You *could* have the seller get the report for you, its in his best interests to do so anyway... if he has faith in his car you could have him spring for their insurance too... Best $25 they'll spend I'm sure.

Old 08-23-2005, 12:05 AM
1st Gear

hey
no worries dan its all cool, some people could take it as the forum has a bunch of jerks who reply like this in a hostile manner all the time....i have been on the bmw forums for years and I knew that is not the case, hence posted another thread to clear things up...

Ya normally I do get the seller to give it to me, but this is an old lady who has been real nice to me so far. She is letting me go to her house, drop off my car, take the Audi to my mechanic 10 miles away and get it checked etc.... so didnt want to bug her esp when we got fellow enthusaists...

anyways its all good.....

Q

PS: request, in the future if your having a bad day dont take it out on some newbie in the forum....will just hurt u in the long run....try doing something else to calm you down....lol

Old 08-23-2005, 12:14 AM
dan
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: Q_AUDI
PS: request, in the future if your having a bad day dont take it out on some newbie in the forum....will just hurt u in the long run....try doing something else to calm you down....lol

Ya, I did! Spent a bunch of cash on new vacuum hoses and DV, now to wait for them to arrive.

Quick Reply: Request that i made earlier