Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Replacement Bose Speakers

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 09:53 PM
1st Gear
Default Replacement Bose Speakers

I'm in the process of fixing the details on my 2001. I noticed that some of the speakers in my Bose sound system are buzzing a bit, no doubt due to the excesses of the past owner. I asked for a quote on 2 new rear speakers and my dealer quoted $CDN 590.00 plus installation!! Just for the rears.

Any suggestions for reasonably priced aftermarket speakers that work well with the stock stereo? Alternatively, is there another source for the original Bose speakers?

Old 11-28-2006, 10:07 PM
Default RE: Replacement Bose Speakers

i can sell u my 2 rear speakrs for a reasonable price. i will PM u now

Old 11-28-2006, 10:19 PM
1st Gear

skip the rears. Mine were also blown. What i did to replace them was pulled them out, and bought a nice 10" sub. You can get an infinity basslink 10" for around $250 new. You'll have much better, tighter bass, more flexibility, and save money.

Old 11-28-2006, 10:35 PM
4th Gear

search...this has been covered countless times

Old 11-29-2006, 06:04 AM
1st Gear

im pretty sure that bose only installs their speakers in cars at the factory.

also as for new speaker you dont need anything too good, the rear speakers are mostly filler and its more important that you have good front speakers (which bose are)

and if you want to do what lbraasch said and put a whole new system in your car (i dont know if you want the thump) then you should probably invest some good money into the system. people who pussyfoot around with sound systems are retarded. (your probably gonna pay around 2000 and up for a decent system)

Old 11-29-2006, 01:06 PM
1st Gear

Same thing happened to mine...I replaced both with the woofers from this componant set from Infinity. Make sure you match up the Impedance (2 Ohm) if you're going to use something else. But these sound fine...better than torn Bose speakers:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-06-INFINITY-...QQcmdZViewItem

Make sure you do a search on the rear deck removal before trying to pry up the speaker covers...but it is pretty easy.

Old 11-29-2006, 05:44 PM
3rd Gear

Anybody have anything to say about using these Infinity component woofers? If this works its the first that I've heard of any speaker being used with a bose amp besides a bose speaker. When I looked into replacing mine I was told by a upscale shop there was nothing I could do except buy a sub or get raped by the stealership. And the tech I asked has been doing this for over 20 years. These are 2ohm but what are bose? I thought I remembered that they were like 1.5 ohm or some crazy # like that. Will these replacements last?

Old 11-29-2006, 06:02 PM
1st Gear

I believe the bose speaekrs are infact 2 ohms, but even if they are closer to 1 or 1.5 it wouldn't make that huge a difference. It's ok to go to a higher impedance, you will not harm your amplifier, nor speakers. You'll only be drawing less power. You could plug in 8ohm speakers to the system. It'll still play music, just not as loud, and not worth it.

The rear shelf speakers are mid-bass, or open-air subs. They do not provide highs or upper mids. In my opinion, they are boomy, and on the crappy side. A simple powered sub would easily fill the role of rear-shelf speakers. They wont provide earth shattering bass, but neither will the ones in the rear shelf. I recomend the infinity one just b/c it's more simple to install and purchase without mass research. If you want a nicer woofer setup, then i recomend amp+woofer combo, as there is much more flexibility. There is no need to drop 2g's to fill the void of the rear-shelf speakers. (The sound is pretty bottomless w/o them and w/o a sub)