Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

reinstalling underbelly pans after oil change!

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 09:43 PM
Default reinstalling underbelly pans after oil change!

okay, so i successfully did an oil change on my 2.0T and it required removing the two underbelly pans in order to drain the oil . However, now I seem to have lost 1 of the screws to put the underbelly skid pans back on and have no clue how to get that one screw replaced!? Also since i have had this problem, I stupidly can't remember which hardware screws go in which of the holes ... There are about 10 screws that go in and tighten with about 1/2 turn and they range in three different sizes and i can't recall where each goes. Does anyone know of a website that shows the types of hardware (bolts, screws, etc..) that the body parts use and which hardware goes with which part of the car>??? I don't think its a problem to not have these underbelly pans on there for the time being but i want to get it back to normal and its driving me nuts! thnx

Old 11-16-2007, 10:37 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: reinstalling underbelly pans after oil change!

zip ties

or just leave it off

Old 11-16-2007, 11:37 PM
SoCal Crew Member

ya im missing some myself so i just use them in the middle and zip tie the outer spots.

Old 11-17-2007, 01:04 AM

underbelly pan FTL!

I took it off the day I bought the car and it will never be re-installed!

zip-ties sound like your best option if you want to keep it on...

gl!

Old 11-17-2007, 01:04 AM

doublepost

Old 11-18-2007, 11:14 AM
3rd Gear

The short black metal ones go thru the bumper in the front. The black plastic ones go thru the fenderliner into the belly pan. The silver metal ones go across the front and one on each side. There will be either 3 black long ones or the silver ones that hold the rear of the pan on and the front of the rear one. The rear one will have two long black or silver ones.

Old 11-18-2007, 11:46 AM
2nd Gear

im missing some and i havent lost it yet,,.,. if it bothers u, put up a ziptie till u get a replacement from audi

Old 11-20-2007, 12:46 AM

Thanks alot fellas I used zip ties for the time being and that works great...eventuallly ill get the hardware and do it right but this definitely works!

Old 11-20-2007, 12:54 AM
3rd Gear

Haha, the two or three timesI paid a shop to do my oil change (lots of snow and no garage to work in)I ended up missing more of those screws. I'm down to 3. I don't bother with zip ties, because I don't feel like cutting them off every time i change the oil. It's one of those things I never remember to ask for them when I'm at the dealer for something more important...I got put those on a post it to remind myself. I think everyone loses some of those screws sooner or later.

Old 11-20-2007, 03:05 PM
1st Gear

Is the filter on the bottom? In the 1.8t you can get to the filter from the top, so i got one of those oil evacerator pumps that pull the oil right out of the dipstick tube, then i just take off the filter, put on a new one, refill and go. Whole process takes less then 15 minutes and i dont have to jack up the car. I would deff reccomend investing in one.

Quick Reply: reinstalling underbelly pans after oil change!