Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear Fog Light(s)

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2004, 02:53 PM
1st Gear
Default Rear Fog Light(s)

How come my right side fog light does'nt work?

Kidding....anyways do cops or any other morons that canpull you over know that the rear fog is just on the left? The last thing i need is one of these ******** pulling me over for a busted light. Anyone? maybee this should be a poll? or does anyone have experience with this issue.

Old 09-07-2004, 02:57 PM
6th Gear
Default RE: Rear Fog Light(s)

Doubtful that most people would know. If you remove your light, you'll notice it has provisions for a second fog light. Just install a bulb on the right side if you're worried about it. You may have to take a knife to trim a little bit of plastic away.

Old 09-07-2004, 04:05 PM
3rd Gear

You will defeat the purpose of the rear fog light if you add one to the right rear. It is supposed to be offset to attract more attention. Secondly, the lens is not the same on the right rear - the two fog lights will not look the same.
Lastly, law enforcement may have more problems with you if you have two bright lights in the rear rather than the single (correct) fog light. If you get stopped by law enforcement, it is very easy to prove that it is a stock feature.

Old 09-07-2004, 05:37 PM
1st Gear

I'm assuming rear-fogs are a Europe only issue, non? I've only ever seen them in use over there...

Old 09-07-2004, 06:11 PM
1st Gear

i dont notice a difference w/ it on compared to when its off...

Old 09-07-2004, 07:42 PM
1st Gear

what rear fog light? How do you turn it on?

Old 09-07-2004, 09:41 PM
1st Gear

imolas...i hear ya..no intention of installing the right side light as its used for identifying the passing side of the car as in multiple lane highways. We get alot of fog in maine on the coast here and i also use them alot in the rain. I have seen a few on some benzos and other euros but rare. I guess im really trying to avoid being stopped for something stupid like this if say i have a brew on my breath or whatever...no hassle needed. I was looking for a consensus here, but it look as though many either dont use them or dont have them. I have both front and rear, with the two buttons right above the shitty stock stero to the left. The buttons light up (each has different color) when they are on. I would love to convert to xenons...anyone have a rough estimate for the front pkg (beams and fogs)? Thanks for the help..and if anyone has any other input on this or experience...im always checking

Old 09-07-2004, 10:12 PM
1st Gear

i think its about a grand (unless you find them used) for xenon headlights...

Old 09-07-2004, 10:30 PM
1st Gear

ouch!!! a grand.....i got other issues first.

thx shon

no difference? not working or just bsing? they are brighter then the running lights normally on in the back when the reg lights are on. just a saftey issue really...more so drivers can see you. unfortunately, most are looking at my right side all the time

Old 09-08-2004, 11:52 AM
1st Gear

I have checked my car again to see which fog lights are you refering to. I pushed both buttons that was sitting above the stereo console and noticed that the one red light on the driver side came on and the fog lights on the front came on. Is that right? The fog for the rear is the red light on the driver side? Need your advise.

Quick Reply: Rear Fog Light(s)