Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear-ended: Civic vs. A4

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2007, 06:55 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Rear-ended: Civic vs. A4

Glad your are OK!!!

Old 11-11-2007, 08:31 PM
1st Gear

haha, thanks, so am I. It was my first accident ever, and it was weird. The instant I got hit, I immeditely got out of my car, every one was all looking and we were causing MAD traffic, lol. It was on a really busy road by the mall here. So I pulled my car off to an auxillary road, and not more than 30 seconds later the cops show up. The girl was crying hysterically, which I dont blame her, I mean her car was beyond repair and Im pretty sure its scary to get hit in the face with an airbag. The cop somehow managed to drive her car onto a neighborhood street. It was more like a fender bender for me, as I could still drive off and an actual accident for her, as she couldn't legally drive her car in the condition it was in. Still havent heard from my insurance [:@]. But hearing from you guys, sounds like it might be about a 2,000-4,000 job. My exhaust rattles now and my rear bearings are load as hell, I mean don't get me wrong theyWERE going out, but now they are LOUD, pretty sure they are shot now, well at least the driver's side one is. Just hope that they get to me sooon, I don't feel completely safe driving my car without an ok from the mechanic/body shop technician.

Stupid insurance.

Old 11-11-2007, 08:36 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: tdn

If another driver doesn't have insurance aren't you entitled to payment no matter what? Except in these situations you bring the person to court? If the damage limited to simply the bumper, I would avoid my insurer all together and just bring it to court for the money. That way you won't pay the deductible and pay a higher premium.

I'm not a lawyer by any means, but if the person without insurance isn't required to pay for damages that's news to me.
Well, I dont know really, I think the law varies state to state, but she ended up gettin a ticket that was over $1000 dollars. The police told me that I needed to call my insurance and make a claim since she had no insurance. Thats pretty much where he left us. He got her car off the road, gave her mad tickets, told me that I needed to call my insurance because she had none. I thought that she would for SURE be paying for my new rear-end because it was HER fault, but apparently instead of paying for the damages, all she has is a ticket. Anyone have any other info on this? Seems kinda of fishy to me. I would think she would be liable for the damages on my car.

Old 11-11-2007, 08:47 PM
1st Gear

glad you are ok... good luck with getting any payment from her, i got hit in my a4 by an uninsured person, and ive followed up on the whole situation with the police and months later, i havent seen one penny... maybe texas laws are different...

Old 11-11-2007, 08:58 PM
3rd Gear

What year is your A4? I have a 2000 and:
1. my dad backed into the corner of the rear bumper- replaced/repainted it
2. got rear-ended by a Jeep Grand Cherokee inside a carwash - Jeep drove off, but the carwash's insurance paid for it
3. got rear-ended again in traffic on a highway, the other guys insurance company gave me a check - after 3 times, I'm not fixing it again yet, because it's bound to happen again, I think.
Both times thatI had the wholebumper replaced,paint (Silver) and flex additive, labor... it was around $1,100 or $1200.The insurance company won't pay you more than that, unless you get $$ for the exhaust too. I doubt the accident had anything to dowith your rear wheel bearings.
good luck though.

Old 11-11-2007, 09:00 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: daprez

glad you are ok... good luck with getting any payment from her, i got hit in my a4 by an uninsured person, and ive followed up on the whole situation with the police and months later, i havent seen one penny... maybe texas laws are different...
Thanks, I just wish my co-worker was as fortunate as I was....

Yeah, laws must be different. In WA your Required to have insurance and if you don't have ityou fall under what is called the 'Financial Resposibilty Law', which states 'Washington’s financial responsibility law requires uninsured drivers and vehicle owners to be responsible for collision damages if there is a reasonable possibility that a court will make a judgment against them. The law applies only to collisions that meet ALL of the following conditions:
[*]There was damage to any one person’s property of at least $700, or any bodily injury.[*]A driver involved in the collision was uninsured.[*]There is a reasonable possibility that a court judgment would be filed against the uninsured driver or vehicle owner'[/ul]
What I don't get is I've been reading all this literture on WA auto laws, and its seems to me that SHE should be paying for this and not me. My car obviously had more than $700 dollars worth of damage on it. Cop must of just thought I was rich or something. Just seems more trouble than its worth though.

Old 11-11-2007, 09:02 PM
1st Gear

Yeah I doubt they'll do anything mechanical to my car other than the exhaust, which is probably just a loose bracket anyways. My bumper will probably be completely replaced and re-painted. Wonder if I can get them to paint my lowers, lol.

Old 11-11-2007, 09:10 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: hollisterrobsta

If another driver doesn't have insurance aren't you entitled to payment no matter what? Except in these situations you bring the person to court? If the damage limited to simply the bumper, I would avoid my insurer all together and just bring it to court for the money. That way you won't pay the deductible and pay a higher premium.

I'm not a lawyer by any means, but if the person without insurance isn't required to pay for damages that's news to me.
Well, I dont know really, I think the law varies state to state, but she ended up gettin a ticket that was over $1000 dollars. The police told me that I needed to call my insurance and make a claim since she had no insurance. Thats pretty much where he left us. He got her car off the road, gave her mad tickets, told me that I needed to call my insurance because she had none. I thought that she would for SURE be paying for my new rear-end because it was HER fault, but apparently instead of paying for the damages, all she has is a ticket. Anyone have any other info on this? Seems kinda of fishy to me. I would think she would be liable for the damages on my car.
by law she doesnt have to pay for your car thats what insurance is for and the cops cant make her, thats why she only got a ticket. You can take her to court and win but if she doesnt have the money there is nothing to make her pay if she isn't willing. And becasue its such a small ammount theres not much you can do.

edit:
just read your other post even if that law does apply and you win the state cant make her pay

Old 11-11-2007, 09:13 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: a4 1.8t

ORIGINAL: hollisterrobsta

by law she doesnt have to pay for your car thats what insurance is for and the cops cant make her, thats why she only got a ticket. You can take her to court and win but if she doesnt have the money there is nothing to make her pay if she isn't willing. And becasue its such a small ammount theres not much you can do.
Yeah thats what I figured, lol. I'm just gonna pay it and move on. [&o] My baby will be back though. You guys need to see these pics, the difference in build quality between these cars are amazing, but maybe its just the way she hit me, and the bumper is made to absorb shock so I don't know, but Ill post them after work and you guys can decide, lol.

Old 11-11-2007, 10:35 PM
1st Gear

here in Maryland we an uninsured motorist program threw the state see if your state has something like that or take them to court.

Quick Reply: Rear-ended: Civic vs. A4