Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear-ended: Civic vs. A4

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2007, 03:39 PM
1st Gear
Default Rear-ended: Civic vs. A4

So over my weekend I got rear-ended by some Californian with expired tabs and no insurance. Go figure. In WA state, if you get rear-ended its their fault no matter what. So now I got to pay my deductible from my own pocket as well as a jump in my premium because she has no insurance. Just looking for some advice as on how I should go about doing this. Damage to my bumper was pretty much nothing compared to her car, she was going 25, I was dead stopped, and it was raining. Her car is pretty much totaled, whole front end was f***ed, airbags deployed,and her springs dropped. Seems like the only thing I can do at this point to pay the deductable and go on. Just glad that me and her were able to walk away from the accident. Will post pics of both cars later after work. The cop did say he was suprised how well my car held up compared to hers. My car has scratches all over the bumper and has several 'puntures' through the bumper. Wondering what a body shop would do to fix this as well.

Old 11-11-2007, 03:53 PM
Site Moderator
Default RE: Rear-ended: Civic vs. A4

The bumper is designed to bounce back to its shape, the real damage is gonna be behind the bumper where the crash beam is. Your probably looking at 2 grand worth of damage.

Old 11-11-2007, 04:15 PM
tdn
2nd Gear

If another driver doesn't have insurance aren't you entitled to payment no matter what? Except in these situations you bring the person to court? If the damage limited to simply the bumper, I would avoid my insurer all together and just bring it to court for the money. That way you won't pay the deductible and pay a higher premium.

I'm not a lawyer by any means, but if the person without insurance isn't required to pay for damages that's news to me.

Old 11-11-2007, 04:22 PM

ORIGINAL: tdn

If another driver doesn't have insurance aren't you entitled to payment no matter what? Except in these situations you bring the person to court? If the damage limited to simply the bumper, I would avoid my insurer all together and just bring it to court for the money. That way you won't pay the deductible and pay a higher premium.

I'm not a lawyer by any means, but if the person without insurance isn't required to pay for damages that's news to me.
I don't know the laws in the States so i'll refrain from saying anything about that however even if it looks like its just the bumper chances are that there is damage that you can't see from the outside until things are stripped down especially if you've been rear ended.

Good luck with the repair and insurance procedures.

Old 11-11-2007, 04:24 PM
Administrator

I'm glad you came out okay.

Keep us updated.

Old 11-11-2007, 05:21 PM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

Get some pics up so we all can speculate!

Old 11-11-2007, 05:22 PM
1st Gear

Ouch two grand...hefty. Well the way it is now, the bumper will have to replaced for sure. As well as a color-match for the Pearl White paint I have. Havent heard from my adjuster yet. Supposed to call me within the next two days. I was thinking of taking this to court, but my deductible for an underinsured motorist is only 300, which is far less than what it would cost with court and lawyer fees. My bumper is now defintely unaligned. Looks like on impact the bumper expanded out on the sides and shifted my trunk lid to the right. Sucks. Its a 98 1.8t a4 Quattro. Im just hoping they dont total it out since I have over 160,000 miles right now. Its worth almost nothing, lol. If they do total, I'm defintely have my eye on another audi, cant decide between a b6 a4 or a tt tho, lol. it sucks waiting for your insurance to call.

Just heard that one of my co-workers was hit as well this weekend, except she didnt survive. Accidents really make me think how fragile life really is.

Old 11-11-2007, 05:25 PM
1st Gear

Pics will be up either tonite, or tomarrow morning. Her car is still parked around the corner from my apartment complex still. The statistics are true, most accidents happen within 5 miles of your home. Guessing she couldnt afford a tow.

Old 11-11-2007, 05:34 PM
4th Gear

1. Check your insurance. Do you have coverage for uninsured/underinsured? This may cover your deductable too.
2. Your rates shouldn't go up as you are not at fault.

Old 11-11-2007, 05:40 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: david9999

1. Check your insurance. Do you have coverage for uninsured/underinsured? This may cover your deductable too.
2. Your rates shouldn't go up as you are not at fault.
1. Yeah, USAAtold me I was covered through my underinsured coverage which has a 300 deductible.
2. USAA just told me that my rates will stay the samewhich gives me less reason to try and press for a case.

Quick Reply: Rear-ended: Civic vs. A4