Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rain-X

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2006, 07:11 PM
4th Gear
Default Rain-X

It rains atleast once a week so picked this up at walgreens, 3 bucks what tha heck. For those who don't know its glass treatment so water beads off the windshied and helps prevent fog up, basically "better visibility". Before I put it on just wanna know if anyone has tried this, also I was thinking of using it on my ecodes but it says not to use it on plastic unless its been treated. Any reviews or just 3 bucks wasted?

Old 06-04-2006, 07:15 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Rain-X

why would you put it on your headlights? That makes no sense to me

I've used the stuff. I used to use it on my motorcycle visors, which def. arnt treated, and they held up for over two years, w/o any sign of wear.

It's nice to have as you don't need to use the wipers nearly as often. The downside is you have to keep re-applying the stuf,f as it "washes" away. kinda a pain. I only do it when it's in the winter months, as we don't see much summer rain in socal.

Old 06-04-2006, 07:33 PM
5th Gear

honestly I hate the stuff never really worked well for me but i guess some people love it

Old 06-04-2006, 07:34 PM
2nd Gear

Great stuff. I use the interior de-fogging treatment as well. Another benefit: when used during the winter, it helps keep ice from freezing to your glass...thats probably not much of an issue in SoCal either

Old 06-04-2006, 07:40 PM
1st Gear

i swear by the stuff. the more you use your windshield wipers, the more it gets worn off (obviously). i re-do it after every 5 storms or so. but when you merge onto the highway in a heavy rain, and you see the water just tearing off the windshield, it looks really cool, and the visibility is amazing. 3 bucks. try it. you'll love it

Old 06-04-2006, 07:44 PM
3rd Gear

lol, i see rain like twice a year, i dont think this product would ever help, but for those that live in a rainy environment, it sounds like this would be a pretty sweet product for 3 bux

Old 06-04-2006, 09:45 PM
2nd Gear

I've been using it for years....love it. It is like a polish, you have to apply it, let it dry and then buff it off. It is great in a rainy environment. With a fresh coat, the water beads off so fast that unless it is raining really hard you don't need the wipers.

Only draw back is it smell toxic...I try not to breath the fumes directly.

Old 06-04-2006, 11:01 PM
1st Gear

rain X is the ish. Like others have said the water just beads up and rolls off. If your cruisin over 50 mph even in pouring rain u dont need your wipers. awesome stuff!

Old 06-05-2006, 02:50 AM
Site Moderator

yeah I use it and don't have to use my wipers at all... It does wear off in a month or so and needs to be reapplied. But it is worth the 3 bucks fo sho.

Old 06-05-2006, 05:42 AM
2nd Gear

SInce moving to the south I use it all the time and it really helps during the rain..... and as an added bonus you can use it on the inside of your shower if you have one with the glass door(s)..... I put it on the door of my shower after every major cleaning and it keeps the door all nice and clean looking!!! yay!

Quick Reply: Rain-X