Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rain X?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2005, 07:08 PM
1st Gear
Default Rain X?

Hey guys.. what is the best stuff to use to help get the water off your windshield when it rains... Rain X is known for staining your paint yellow.. this stuff any good for your windsheild or no?

is it worth it?

Old 06-17-2005, 07:14 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Rain X?

ORIGINAL: YFZFourFifty

Hey guys.. what is the best stuff to use to help get the water off your windshield when it rains... Rain X is known for staining your paint yellow.. this stuff any good for your windsheild or no?

is it worth it?

If I was you, I'd make sure I put the rain-x on my windshield and NOT on my paint then, as they have wax for that! Ok, I'm just playing... I personally love rain-x and have used it for a long time and never had any problems with it. I don't know the exact chemical makeup of rain-x, but I just take my time and put it on carefully anyways just so that I cover the entire windshield. I think if you're careful when applying it, you won't have any problems, but that's just my opinion. Anyone else have any other tips or ideas for him? HTH's...

JB

Old 06-17-2005, 07:20 PM
1st Gear

haha yeah i heard a couple guys saying that it was good stuff.. but when i went to buy it they said that its bad for your windows.. so im asking..

Do you put it on all your windown or just the front winshield?

Do you use the little bottle of the liquid or the new wipes that came out?

If its the same stuff i would think that the wipes would be easier to use?

Thanks again

Old 06-17-2005, 08:26 PM
5th Gear

so it turns your paint yellow, or your windshield yellow... I don't get it.

I use rain-x all the time, used to have the little bottle, now I use a spray bottle. It works great, and has no effect on the windshield, other than making water bead off at speed.

There are alternatives... phone a good body shop, and ask them... there is some film they can put on your windshiled, it does the same thing as rain-x, but costs a lot more, and APPARENTLY works better, and lasts for a LONG time... around a year or more, if I'm not mistaken. Wish I could remember the name of the stuff... but can't.

Old 06-17-2005, 09:17 PM
1st Gear

I like to use Rejex...it's great for the car or the windows and lasts for a very long time...I have yet to do my Audi in it yet but it works great...and you can stick it on your wheels and literally pour a cup of water on them to get brake dust off...just make sure you follow the directions to make it last its optimal time...

Old 06-17-2005, 09:29 PM
18T
4th Gear

i dont need to use that stuff, rain drops just fly off without ever applying anything. most of the time i dont even need wipers

Old 06-17-2005, 09:31 PM
1st Gear

i used rain x several years ago when i first heard about it, it worked great! water would roll right off. but i still used my wipers, and after time i had black smudges across the windshield. i thought the rain x was melting the wiper (?) so i stopped using it. instead, after waxing my car i would use the towel that i used to wipe off the wax and go over my windshield with it. this works ok for repelling the water, but more importantly i don't have black smudges anymore.

Old 06-17-2005, 11:40 PM
4th Gear

How about a new set of wiper blades?

Old 06-17-2005, 11:52 PM
1st Gear

wash your car with meguiar's or mother's car wash. it does as much good for your windshield as your paint. personally i can't stand rain-x. once you use it once you have to keep using it.

Old 06-18-2005, 04:36 AM
3rd Gear

rain x is great. literally u dont need to even use ur wipers when using that stuff.

Quick Reply: Rain X?