Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

rain water from battery tray area not draining

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2005, 08:03 PM
1st Gear
Default rain water from battery tray area not draining

Hello,

I have an audi a4 1.9 tdi 1998.
I first noticed water collecting in the passenger footwell . I have removed the glovebox to try and find the source of the leak.

After more rain today ,I drove off and water was still leaking in from around the heater blower motor area under the dash.
I lifted the bonnet to have a look , and found water around the battery tray which was not draining off.
After looking on the net for other posts, I realised that I need to find the drain tube from this area and un-block it.
The problem is , that I cant find it , I have removed part of the wheel arch lining and cant see it , can anyone tell me where to find it ?

thanks very much

Old 10-25-2005, 09:38 PM
6th Gear
Default RE: rain water from battery tray area not draining

Remove the battery and you will be able to clear the drain by the battery.

Old 10-26-2005, 02:44 PM
1st Gear

Hello,

Thanks for the info. I took the battery out , and there is a drain hole under the battery, which was blocked with leaves or something , and the water then drained out .

So it looks like there is no actual drain tube but just the rubber grommit like drain hole which drains straight out onto the road . anyone else with this problem can hopefully read this.

thanks again for the advice. it has saved me money, and saved me from having a wet interior in this wet weather.

Old 10-26-2005, 03:01 PM
1st Gear

Where exactly were you finding water? because im finding mines in the rear driver side only and in the front seat.

Old 10-26-2005, 11:05 PM
1st Gear

water was coming in on passenger side , draining in through the heater area which is above and behind the glove box and dripping down the carpet onto the floor .

The rain water had collected in the battery area . It is designed to drain away from under the battery. The drain was blocked which made the water just collect after a rain storm and build up enough to flood into the air intake of the heater blower.

Yours does actually sounds like a different problem.

You can rule this out as a cause if the battery area looks dry.