Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Radio Died??

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 06:24 PM
Default Radio Died??

was driving to work today while listening to music on my tape deck adapter which is connected to my zune..all of a sudden my music turned off and the radio was completely off..i tried turning it back on, but i got nothing..i tried to turn it on repeatedly, but i got nothing..what the hell is going on? i have two subwoofers connected to it..but have never had this problem in the past

Old 10-29-2007, 06:35 PM
5th Gear
Default RE: Radio Died??

maybe sumthing shorted out

Old 10-29-2007, 07:09 PM
1st Gear

I assume you're talking about an afermarket deck. Does the power/lights come on or is completely dead? If it's completely dead, probably the fuse in the back of the deck or in-line if hardwired to BAT.
If it's a stock deck and lights come on but there is no sound, the problem can be fixed as it happened to me with my bose in my C5 A6. I had to send it out, cost $125, and was back to me within a week. I can get you the info if needed.

If the power and lights on the unit come on, you may be fooked unlessall of your speakers are amped.
If they are all amped and you're getting no sound,it may bean inline fuse between the amp and battery if you have one, which you should if installed peoperly. OR It could the amp fuse itself.. Good luck.

Old 10-29-2007, 08:45 PM

actually it wont turn on at all, when i press the volume button, nothing happens..it just stays off..and its a stock radio with subwoofers hooked up to it..a few days ago, it was acting all whacky..i would turn on the cd and it would go to the radio and scan radio stations and wouldnt stop scanning..i would hit the "tape" button and it would go on the tape and switch back to the radio and start scanning radio stations without stopping..it was possessed or something..but it went back to normal after a few hours..and today it just pretty much died on me..i officially HATE this car

Old 10-29-2007, 09:38 PM

update: the radio unit seems completely dead..not even the lights work

Old 10-29-2007, 09:42 PM
5th Gear

take ur headunit out and check all the wires behind there

Old 10-29-2007, 09:45 PM
I'm make believe

Just F' it and hum as you drive

Old 10-29-2007, 10:24 PM

got an appointment with the audi dealer on friday..lets see what kind of jargon they make up..."yeah your X9373F module of the 8843 chip is fried..you need to replace the whole head unit for $700..and oh..thats gonna take about a month"

Old 10-29-2007, 10:27 PM
5th Gear

i wouldn't take it to the dealer. i would take it to a good car audio shop man. and if u got bose, make sure they kno how to work with it. i heard bose is tricky

Old 10-29-2007, 10:57 PM

no i dont have bose..i have the audi symphony..but wtf this car is whack

Quick Reply: Radio Died??