Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

radio, climate control, hood latch, ignition switch

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 09:57 PM
Default radio, climate control, hood latch, ignition switch

I have several problems on Audi 4 1996 that I just bought and I will greatly appreciate if You guys can share your experience or give me a good advice.

Problems:

1. Ignition switch is not working properly. After I turn it all the way down and start engine it won't go back and stays. This causes cranking noice, like when you want to start the car and it doesn't start. Kind like CRRRRRRRRRRRR. I have to manually turn the key back a little bit to get rid of the noise and have my instrument cluster fully illuminated and windshield wipers to work.

2. Radio does not work. Info display is not illuminated. At night all the butons are illuminated though.

3. Climate control unit works fine but info display does not show anything. It is also illuminated at night with red color, but has no letters or numbers on it. It's blank.

4. Hood is not opening. Hod latch under the drivers wheel is broken. What can be the way to open it in this case?

Again, I will greatly appreciate Your help guys.
Thank you