Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Raced a jetta today...

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 02:22 AM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Raced a jetta today...

It is sad that we boast of beating a colbalt SS

Old 12-14-2007, 02:26 AM
3rd Gear

Unless ya go BT and then some, get used to losing to prettymuch any car on the road. Even nicely moded,300hp is a drop in the bucket compared to many many cars on the road today.

Old 12-14-2007, 02:39 AM
1st Gear

I swear the secret to a solid fwd car is torque later in the rpm range...Cuz ffs my car has no first gear, launching would be silly, trying to floor it in 1st is sillier. BUT in my old Integ gs-r it was never a problem. I know it has far less torque, but when the power came later allowed for a solid drop the clutch at like 3.8k and bam your flyin. Im thinking fwd + apr would be the win.

edit: and to get to 2nd in a honda consists of not letting off the gas at all just clutch/bounce red line/shift/keep goin...good times 8k+rpms

Old 12-14-2007, 02:43 AM

lol yeah it is sad, especially cuz i didnt even beatthe cobalt

Old 12-14-2007, 02:44 AM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: what?

I swear the secret to a solid fwd car is torque later in the rpm range...Cuz ffs my car has no first gear, launching would be silly, trying to floor it in 1st is sillier. BUT in my old Integ gs-r it was never a problem. I know it has far less torque, but when the power came later allowed for a solid drop the clutch at like 3.8k and bam your flyin. Im thinking fwd + apr would be the win.

edit: and to get to 2nd in a honda consists of not letting off the gas at all just clutch/bounce red line/shift/keep goin...good times 8k+rpms
What?

Old 12-14-2007, 02:48 AM

ORIGINAL: Bogie

guess my hp you ask. 260 hpI think at most.

Where the **** are you getting those numbers from? Are you ******* serious, son?

Your headlights and boost gauge don't add horsepower, sorry.

Old 12-14-2007, 02:50 AM
1st Gear

Im saying quattro doesn't rock fwd. Just quattro a4's rock other comparable fwd cars becuase of the torque range which doesn't play nice with fwd. Where as the japanese figured it out and have the power come in later in their fwd's which easily keep up or beat audi's unfortunately, since they have a first gear (traction wise) unlike us 1.8t fwd owners.

If the torque came in later/smoother for an audi in the fwd, the fwd would beat a quattro...

Old 12-14-2007, 02:51 AM
1st Gear

"Your headlights and boost gauge don't add horsepower, sorry."

omg..lol...love it...nice 1

Old 12-14-2007, 04:26 AM
Tech Slut

ORIGINAL: Leifer

ORIGINAL: Bogie

guess my hp you ask. 260 hpI think at most.

Where the **** are you getting those numbers from? Are you ******* serious, son?

Your headlights and boost gauge don't add horsepower, sorry.
eric's sig says " guess my hp" bogie was just answering his question, obv he doesnt think his car has 260

Old 12-14-2007, 04:39 AM
Tech Slut

ORIGINAL: Ericp501
I have yet to meet a car that can beat me off the line.. I've beaten STIs off the line through 2nd plenty of times... I mean, once we hit third tho i see nothing but tail lights lol.
uhhhh yeeaaaa... i realize your car is kwik, but there are plenty of cars that would roast a k04 a4 from a stand still. An STI with a proper launch will get a k04'd A4 any day of the week. even year one sti's. its really power to weight. the sti makes 300 crank and weighs like 3300 lbs. Your a4 makes probably like mid 200's to high 200's crank and weighs like 4100 lbs or so... not enough power to step up to the plate. Not to mention stock vs stock, the fwd a4 launches better than the quattro... and i have a mustang sitting in my driveway that runs 60foot numbers that are scary

Quick Reply: Raced a jetta today...