Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Raced a jetta today...

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 09:15 PM
Default RE: Raced a jetta today...

I raced a jetta from a dead stop and I got wayy ahead of him (we were both stock)....you prolly just raced a bad driver...maybe he had a mad boost leak?

well, good kill anyways...just wait til you go BT!

you'll be back on here talking about an S4 or something more impressive...lol

Old 12-13-2007, 09:26 PM
Tech Slut

ORIGINAL: MyUltraSport

with a racing clutch it does......
yea keep telling yourself that one

Old 12-13-2007, 09:31 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: qUaTtRoA4

I raced a jetta from a dead stop and I got wayy ahead of him (we were both stock)....you prolly just raced a bad driver...maybe he had a mad boost leak?

well, good kill anyways...just wait til you go BT!

you'll be back on here talking about an S4 or something more impressive...lol
Very true.

Old 12-13-2007, 09:32 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: FasterA4ThanUrs

ORIGINAL: MyUltraSport

with a racing clutch it does......
yea keep telling yourself that one
My car launches really well....I think i would know, i actually own one...vs. just repeating what other people think.

Old 12-13-2007, 11:30 PM
1st Gear

I have a quattro and I launch in that thing better then any car I've ever been in.. It takes some time to figure out the sweet spot on a awd car but once you do not much is gonna touch you off the line..

what I do is:
1)Never just "POP" the clutch.. Its hard to explain, but you let it out like you normally would but twice as fast and once you get that quick hop "pop" the clutch (like once its half way engaged).. if you just try to rev and dump it you will bog every time.. you need to have some movement.

2)If you really wanna get off the line like a rocket you gotta get the RPMs up there.. I usually bounce it once to 4k let it come down to 2 and let it climb slower back up to 4k and thats about when I do step 1.. the RPMs will begin to drop a little bit once the wheels start moving but thats when you "pop" it and you'll be all boosted up and flying off the line

3)shift into second like a monster.. anything that is worth racing that can keep up with my mods should spin the crap outta second if they try and slam half as fast as I do into second. I have yet to meet a car that can beat me off the line.. I've beaten STIs off the line through 2nd plenty of times... I mean, once we hit third tho i see nothing but tail lights lol.

Old 12-14-2007, 12:29 AM
3rd Gear

guess my hp you ask. 260 hpI think at most.

Old 12-14-2007, 12:46 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Ericp501

I have a quattro and I launch in that thing better then any car I've ever been in.. It takes some time to figure out the sweet spot on a awd car but once you do not much is gonna touch you off the line..

what I do is:
1)Never just "POP" the clutch.. Its hard to explain, but you let it out like you normally would but twice as fast and once you get that quick hop "pop" the clutch (like once its half way engaged).. if you just try to rev and dump it you will bog every time.. you need to have some movement.

2)If you really wanna get off the line like a rocket you gotta get the RPMs up there.. I usually bounce it once to 4k let it come down to 2 and let it climb slower back up to 4k and thats about when I do step 1.. the RPMs will begin to drop a little bit once the wheels start moving but thats when you "pop" it and you'll be all boosted up and flying off the line

3)shift into second like a monster.. anything that is worth racing that can keep up with my mods should spin the crap outta second if they try and slam half as fast as I do into second. I have yet to meet a car that can beat me off the line.. I've beaten STIs off the line through 2nd plenty of times... I mean, once we hit third tho i see nothing but tail lights lol.
Thats just about what i do, but i launch from about 3kinstead of 4. The second i feel movement i pop the **** out of it...it just takes off, but then getting into second w/ a good fast shift is always a big pita.

Old 12-14-2007, 01:36 AM
3rd Gear

congrats on 'killing' the jetta

Old 12-14-2007, 01:41 AM
3rd Gear

I thought you had a BT?

Old 12-14-2007, 01:45 AM

yeah, i smoked a Cobalt SS off the line until he hit third. i was a good 2 car lengths ahead.
this is when i was pretty much stock.
yeah Quattro rocks FWD's socks off!

Quick Reply: Raced a jetta today...