Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quieting a borla exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 11:51 PM
Default RE: Quieting a borla exhaust

ORIGINAL: Amze

ORIGINAL: Belligerenceā„¢

If you don't remove the Borla resonators it will be nearly as quiet as stock exhaust... you have nothing to worry about.

I bought an exhaust mostly for the deep sound it offers... but if you want to spend 800$ + for 7-10hp so be it[&:]

Resonators off = for the win.
no offense amze, but you're what, 18 or 19? it may not bother you to have a noisy car as a daily driver, but quietness is important to a lot of people. I'm 24, and I've had my fair share of loud cars (you haven't heard loud until you've been in an RX7 with full exhaust). when a lot of people see a classy car like an audi, and it screams past them with a loud exhaust, they think "punk". it's a stereotype, and a bad one, but it's there.

resonators on, with bigger piping and a borla canister = for the win.

I hear you man, and I understand... but if you don't want the sound why bother with an exhaust? Looks? Minor power gains, unless the guy plans on chipping. And yeah I'm I'll be 18 soon, so I'm young and like sound. I got ya though
doing full exhaust without chipping is pretty pointless IMO, unless you're doing it for sound like you've done. so yeah, I agree with you there. but 8-10 HP is still 8-10 HP, you can feel that difference. and it does look a lot better than the stock pipe as well.

f*ck, I wish I had an audi when I was 18... I would've gotten so much more ***...

Old 03-05-2007, 11:58 PM
4th Gear

Oh I'm gonna chip, but I'm gonna do it when I move back to Arizona so I'm near the Revo Dealer where it was installed.. so this summer I will be chipped.

Old 03-05-2007, 11:59 PM
4th Gear

Ahh, yes... You'd laugh at how many chicks say "I really like your car" "Nice Car" "Hot Car".... its awesome

haha

Old 03-06-2007, 12:14 AM
4th Gear

Ahh, yes... You'd laugh at how many chicks say "I really like your car" "Nice Car" "Hot Car".... its awesome

haha
I'm 19(20 in July) and I know what you mean!!! LOL

Josh

Old 03-06-2007, 12:22 AM
4th Gear

holla

Old 03-06-2007, 12:24 AM

jesus christ, how do all you young guys afford audis?[sm=dontgetit.gif]

Old 03-06-2007, 12:35 AM
4th Gear

My parents pay for and allow me to keep this car as long as: I have am employed (job), Pass all my classes with B's or higher (they cut me some slack in math), Pay for gas occasionally, and pay 200$ a month to them for insurance.

I'm a lucky kid, I know...

But having an Audi in highschool is aweeseeommeee!

Old 03-06-2007, 02:41 AM

im 21 had my audi for about 6 months my gurlfriend hated when i drove my car to get her from the mall gurls and guys would be like wanna race like ur car its hot can i get a ride and all this other crap my car cost about 6k and the other one about 7k but its all from working working hard and sell that stuff if any knows what i mean it starts with a W and ends in EED

Old 03-06-2007, 02:46 AM

ORIGINAL: xav6ier

im 21 had my audi for about 6 months my gurlfriend hated when i drove my car to get her from the mall gurls and guys would be like wanna race like ur car its hot can i get a ride and all this other crap my car cost about 6k and the other one about 7k but its all from working working hard and sell that stuff if any knows what i mean it starts with a W and ends in EED
you're a douche. little sh*t rats like you who sell weed are losers, and everyone knows it. news flash - selling dope isn't work. I'm 24, I just bought my first audi, and I'm paying for it by going to work 40-50 hours a week, making an honest living. I hope you get caught and thrown in jail so you can be accosted by some 300 lb dude who'll call you princess.

Old 03-06-2007, 03:54 AM
2nd Gear

If you get it from borla it should already have resonators on it. Its is not too loud at all

Quick Reply: Quieting a borla exhaust