Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quieting a borla exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 05:38 PM
1st Gear
Default Quieting a borla exhaust

I am getting a borla exhaust for my 2002 a4 and the fast intentions downpipe(bc I have a tiptronic) If it is too loud is there a way I can quiet it without sacrificing to much money/performance

Old 03-05-2007, 05:40 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: Quieting a borla exhaust

run a resonator

Old 03-05-2007, 05:48 PM
1st Gear

where can so you get the fast intentions downpipe? Not available on the website and they didnt answermy phone call. Sorry for the hijack.

Old 03-05-2007, 06:54 PM
1st Gear

they should answer, lets do a group buy and save money

Old 03-05-2007, 06:58 PM
1st Gear

fast intention group buys are hot in the Nissan forums, spec. G35 and Z. try to get them on the board and they will definately offer GBs.

Old 03-05-2007, 10:34 PM
4th Gear

If you don't remove the Borla resonators it will be nearly as quiet as stock exhaust... you have nothing to worry about.

I bought an exhaust mostly for the deep sound it offers... but if you want to spend 800$ + for 7-10hp so be it[&:]

Resonators off = for the win.

Old 03-05-2007, 10:39 PM

ORIGINAL: Amze

If you don't remove the Borla resonators it will be nearly as quiet as stock exhaust... you have nothing to worry about.

I bought an exhaust mostly for the deep sound it offers... but if you want to spend 800$ + for 7-10hp so be it[&:]

no offense amze, but you're what, 18 or 19? it may not bother you to have a noisy car as a daily driver, but quietness is important to a lot of people. I'm 24, and I've had my fair share of loud cars (you haven't heard loud until you've been in an RX7 with full exhaust). when a lot of people see a classy car like an audi, and it screams past them with a loud exhaust, they think "punk". it's a stereotype, and a bad one, but it's there.

resonators on, with bigger piping and a borla canister = for the win.

Old 03-05-2007, 10:57 PM
5th Gear

yea i had my res off my borla kit for a while when i was running a testpipe and it was just too loud for my liking lol and im 19 but with the muffler and resonator on there it was SWEET
ORIGINAL: Belligerenceā„¢

no offense amze, but you're what, 18 or 19? it may not bother you to have a noisy car as a daily driver, but quietness is important to a lot of people. I'm 24, and I've had my fair share of loud cars (you haven't heard loud until you've been in an RX7 with full exhaust). when a lot of people see a classy car like an audi, and it screams past them with a loud exhaust, they think "punk". it's a stereotype, and a bad one, but it's there.

Old 03-05-2007, 11:22 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: Belligerenceā„¢

I hear you man, and I understand... but if you don't want the sound why bother with an exhaust? Looks? Minor power gains, unless the guy plans on chipping. And yeah I'm I'll be 18 soon, so I'm young and like sound. I got ya though

Old 03-05-2007, 11:23 PM
4th Gear

Ohh I see he's already chips, alright that makes sense then.[:'(] missed that, haha.

Quick Reply: Quieting a borla exhaust