Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

quick timing belt Q??

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2007, 03:25 PM
Default RE: quick timing belt Q??

totally agree its down to the imagination of the worker to think of other things that will do the same job

Old 05-27-2007, 03:54 PM
1st Gear

thanks for the serious responses....i really appreciate it. Some times its hard to find good help on this forum..we are all here for a reason to discuss and shed light on subjects to teach, or learn, and save us money by not going to the stealership.. i have owned this audi for about 3 months now..have posted a few times and most of them i have been burned on... i dont understand it. when these guys just got their audi's i wonder if people were asses to them too??

anyways, thank you all for a great diagram, and what all i need to get this done, now when i get the parts, i can get dirty, but also know what im dealing with!!

Old 05-27-2007, 04:13 PM

if you need any more information just ask ( most people dont mean to harm ) its because they dont know how to answer or give pictures and that's because of the complexity of the software which most have but dont know how to get in to it

Old 05-27-2007, 04:14 PM

+ im a smart ***

Old 05-27-2007, 04:17 PM
5th Gear

http://www.audiworld.com/tech/eng31.shtml
http://www.audiworld.com/tech/eng35.shtml

Those are for the B5 I believe, but they are so similar... the biggest difference is that the B6 you need to put it into "service position" as the AC thingy (I always mix up evap and condensor) has hoses running off both sides on the B6... therefore it can only come forward. The b5 both hoses are on one side, so you can swing it away.
Service position is easy... buy two lengths of 10mm threaded rod... like 20" each. Also, buy a Bentley manual... it makes life so much easier.
I did the TB on my b5, then a few days later I convinced my dad that it was safe to do his B6. It went very smoothly. Annoying that you have to bend over the AC shizza, but it saves you some work as you kind of just slide everything forward again and bolt it up once you're done.

Old 05-27-2007, 04:24 PM

sorry mate the job request is for the vehicle requested and the year/engine and accurate, B5 is probably similar because not much on the engine changes and its more esthetics's than power

Old 05-27-2007, 07:29 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: QuickQuattro

well with me knowing a little more than the average Joe, and my buddy being a master mechanic for FORD...if you didnt read that before...there are alot of differences in a foreign car that an american made car...so i'd appreciate if you wouldn't try to be such a cool guy, or a mister know it all...we are here to help each other not rag on each other...all i asked for was some insight on the job soon at hand...thanks for all the serious responses anyways...
Well motherfucking excuse me for crackin a tiny joke at your dumbass friend who IF he's this big MASTER mechanic should at least know all the ****** tools. Thanks for totally disregarding the whole rest of the response where I gave you advice on something other than the TB you should look into. stop acting like a little bitch and expect to get some **** every now and then - especially if you bring a FORD guy in here

Old 05-28-2007, 10:28 AM
2nd Gear

BURN

Old 08-05-2007, 08:48 PM
3rd Gear
Default This was such a waste of my time

So I get home from my vacation and I have a email notification from a member here named QuickQuattro titled “hey, just wanted to prove you wrong on something.” So I’m thinking who the hell and ahh…….ok. well here is the email First quote is from me in this thread HERE from post #4 on that thread
Then he says
If you remember writing this about a couple months ago on a thread about a timing belt...and my buddy works at FORD. well the Safety TORX is a six point star and hollowed out...the one i was talkling about is a FIVE Point hollowed out tool..and it is something that is hard to get, all the websites i have been to was a certificate of authenticity that you are a mechanic or they will not sell it to you....so how would a FORD guy know this...im not pissed or anything...but try to keep your cool, and dont think you know everything all the time...

thank you for your time,

QuickQuattro
I just think that this is really funny. This kid comes back after 2 months and still doesn't even know the name of the tool, a picture of it or of the bolt.
And after all that the fact still remains that you need a safety torx to remove the MAF sensor from the MAF body If you look at this DIY HERE and scroll all the way down till it says "top view – you need to remove the 2 screws" that show's you a bolt head that uses a T20 safety torx. Not that hard to get, hell, I got mine from Harbor Freight, lol.

I can't beleive that I wasted this much time on this [sm=chairshot.gif]