Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question....need more than one reply if possible.

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 01:50 PM
Default RE: Question....need more than one reply if possible.

screen shot would have the same results im sure ( its in 2 parts ) and the digi cam is what im used to call me and old sod but that's it

Old 10-12-2007, 02:00 PM
2nd Gear

Why is four wheel alignment such a mysterious thing. Get a four wheel alignment everytime. You may be surprised at how much of a difference it can make.

And this isn't just an Audi thing. All cars can get rear wheel alignments and should get it at a minimum every time you buy new tires. My brother's Nissan Altima had such a bad rear misalignment, that the car would wiggle on the road if you turned or did anything other than go straight. You wouldn't actually see it really, but you felt it when you were driving. Rear wheels were 1.5 degrees out. It doesn't take much to make any cars handling pretty crappy.

Tell all your buddys.

Old 10-12-2007, 02:05 PM
2nd Gear

i have a b6 and when i had my 4 wheel alignment done, the rears were farther off than the fronts.... its not much more $ to have all four done, should be less than $100

and they gave me a color coded printout of before and after

Old 10-12-2007, 02:08 PM

ORIGINAL: techbod

screen shot would have the same results im sure ( its in 2 parts ) and the digi cam is what im used to call me and old sod but that's it
Haha, digital cameras are fairly new -- if you took that with a film camera and hand-developed those photos, then scanned them into your computer, uploaded them, and then posted them - then you'd be an old sod!

Old 10-12-2007, 02:09 PM

oooooo, pretty colors!

Old 10-12-2007, 02:10 PM

in the UK its called tracking and we use laser to align front to rear wheels so its lined up otherwise you get whats called crabbing ( sideways movement from front or rear tyres ) mostly seen in damaged cars through an accident and that wares tyres very fast, tracking should be done on all 4 wheels

Old 10-12-2007, 02:11 PM
1st Gear

Thanks for all your help, guys...

Old 10-12-2007, 02:12 PM
1st Gear

4 wheel. then everyone will tell you to go to the dealership cause the frame needs to be moved to make all the adjustments and they won't do it. been looking for 3 months in 2 cities. everywhere i call says, yeah, we can do a 4wheel on an audi. then i get there and the guy who does it says no, i won't or can't. finally broke down and am going to the dealer even though i have a multiyear plan from an earlier car. suggestion, save the headache, just go to the stealership.

just saw the id. we had an office costume auction and my coworkers wanted to go as autumn pixies. i said no. funny. (at least on my end)

Old 10-12-2007, 03:57 PM
1st Gear

Why do they have to move the frame?

Old 10-12-2007, 04:07 PM
1st Gear

as i understand, its just the way audis and vws are designed. anyone have the real info? i'll go get my sheet and tell ya what htey say they can't/won't adjust.

Quick Reply: Question....need more than one reply if possible.