Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question....need more than one reply if possible.

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 10:55 AM
1st Gear
Default Question....need more than one reply if possible.

Hey guys. I'm a girl, so I don't know much about this stuff. I have a 2002 A4 1.8T. I need a wheel alignment, and a friend of mine told me that the mechanic doesn't need to touch the back wheels because they are fixed. My friend said that only the S8 and the A8 need all 4 wheels aligned and he said he knew this for a fact, and he kinda gets mad at me if I don't believe him. When I spoke to an Audi dealership, they told me that I would need all 4 wheels aligned. I am also in an Audi group on myspace and 3 different people told me that because it's quattro, all 4 wheels need to be aligned. So my question is.....who's right? I figured that I'd come here because I know I'll get the right answer...

Old 10-12-2007, 10:59 AM
5th Gear
Default RE: Question....need more than one reply if possible.

go on the safe side and just do all 4 wheels. one thing u can do is take it to a shop and ask for a free alignment check. and they'll print out a pic of how bad the wheels are misaligned. im not sure if ur area has free alignment checks though. call around and ask. basically, u'll find out from the print out they give u. the red boxes are bad and green ones are good.

Old 10-12-2007, 11:22 AM
1st Gear

get all 4 wheels done.. end of story

Old 10-12-2007, 11:44 AM

not really sure you can allign those back wheels? from personal experience i havent seen any way to do so? Everything bolts up in one set position. I could be wrong though...

Audi Myspacing huh?

Old 10-12-2007, 12:19 PM
1st Gear

Well, the thing is that if I don't have to get all 4 done, then I won't. I am currently having financial issues, and doing only the front is half the price. Plus only the front tires were worn unevenly...and the back was perfectly fine. My friend rotated my tires for me last week, and before these front tires become worn again, I'd like to get an alignment done. The thing is that I am getting mixed answers on this subject, and I just wanted some knowledge on what's what before I go to the mechanic so I they don't make me pay for something I don't have to.

And yes, Klum00.....Audi myspacing....lol
groups.myspace.com/audi

Old 10-12-2007, 01:19 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: AutumnPixie74

Well, the thing is that if I don't have to get all 4 done, then I won't. I am currently having financial issues, and doing only the front is half the price. Plus only the front tires were worn unevenly...and the back was perfectly fine. My friend rotated my tires for me last week, and before these front tires become worn again, I'd like to get an alignment done. The thing is that I am getting mixed answers on this subject, and I just wanted some knowledge on what's what before I go to the mechanic so I they don't make me pay for something I don't have to.

groups.myspace.com/audi
i think i might be on that one lol
as apr_tuned

Old 10-12-2007, 01:28 PM

all 4

[IMG]local://upfiles/12092/C2C10ECF656D4693812830AF1F8E004D.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/12092/DCD6A89144B74988A63270C1FF548371.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-12-2007, 01:30 PM

yeah, last time i didn't get an alignment on my back tires either and they balded really quick. you need to get all 4 done.

Old 10-12-2007, 01:46 PM

ORIGINAL: AutumnPixie74

groups.myspace.com/audi
that's quite the hair you got there....

Old 10-12-2007, 01:46 PM

Dave, wouldn't it be easier to take a screenshot?[8D] Not saying I don't like your artistic way of snapping pics though...

And yeah, all four need to be aligned. You can read through this and hopefully it'll answer some questions you have:

http://www.asashop.org/autoinc/dec98/mech.htm

Quick Reply: Question....need more than one reply if possible.