Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question for all people with rims LUG KEY

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 05:02 AM
2nd Gear
Default Question for all people with rims LUG KEY

I am trying to take my rims off and the lug key I have currently is a peice of junk and I think it is going to break. The first one they sent me DID break and this second one isnt feeling so sturdy either. The key I put my wheels on with was really nice, it was like chrome plated and it felt very solid. I had to sell it it with my old rims though as part of the kit. Where did all of you get yours? I need a 6 spline one. Thanks I need this pretty soon!

Old 03-08-2007, 05:10 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Question for all people with rims LUG KEY

i would check out tire rack and see what they have. call them too or search google or autozone.

Old 03-08-2007, 06:07 PM
2nd Gear

I had order my previous wheels from wheelmax. I gave them a call and they told me they dont sell them anymore and told me to get it from another place like autozone. So I went to autozone and ofcourse they dont have them.

Tire rack has sockets, but they dont look like what I need. I need a spline lug key. It has 6 splines. Anyone else use these? Where can I get a SOLID one? Man this is sooo frustrating!

Old 03-08-2007, 06:28 PM
1st Gear

is there a socket number on the one u have that works? and if there is, what is it and what brand..... i work at a parts store and can usually get them next day..... i could order it for u if they have it in stock and ship it 2 u

Old 03-08-2007, 06:42 PM
1st Gear

i think thats what i have, last time i did my tires i went to BigO tire store, they had some.

Old 03-08-2007, 06:48 PM
1st Gear

worst case get a socket and hammer it on and take them off that way...you will need to get new lugs after but then a key will come with it.

and how the hell are you breaking keys??? are they made out of plastic!? the lugsshould only be torqued to like 80ft/lbs if i remember correctly.

Old 03-08-2007, 06:55 PM

if you got the cash, go to les schwab and buy the tuner lugs and they will give you a solid key with them. then if you ever have problems they will take care of it for nothing. they are pretty good to their customers!

Old 03-08-2007, 07:19 PM
1st Gear

Got my Gorilla lug wrench (//http://www.gorilla-auto.com/products/?sfID1=270&sfID2=285) at my local auto parts store for under $20. Works great.

Old 03-08-2007, 08:29 PM
2nd Gear

The lug key that this place online gave me just seems really flimsy. I got it from www.truckshop.com they are like the only place online that I could find that sells them

Missionctrl, I am worried about that too. I put them on by hand and I KNOW that I didn't torque them on this hard. Think they could have like rusted on or something?

Luckycharmz, there is no number or anything on the socket that I have right now, it fits its just flimsy.

Old 03-08-2007, 09:29 PM
2nd Gear

I use that style of key on the lugs on the aftermaket wheels we install at work.I have used the same key for 2 years on maybe 2 sets of wheels a week and never broken the key yet. I usually break the caps off of the lug nuts.

Quick Reply: Question for all people with rims LUG KEY