Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Putting power to my boost gauge...

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2005, 01:00 AM
Default Putting power to my boost gauge...

Im sick of having a light less boost gauge at night... I think its time to add some power to it. Problem is; Im slightly retarded when it comes to the blatantly obvious. You guessed it... I have no clue what to do. Could someone help me out a bit? What do I need and where do I need to hook it up to give it some juice?

Old 07-25-2005, 01:11 AM
Administrator
Default RE: Putting power to my boost gauge...

are u chipped

Old 07-25-2005, 01:11 AM
1st Gear

ill write you up a quick tutorial...its real simple.

PARTS:
Flashlight
Duct Tape
Chewing Gum

Step 1: Unwrap gum and put into mouth and start chewing.

Step 2: Take the flashlight, and make sure it turns ON.

Step 3: Find a place in your car where the flashlight can be mounted and hit the boost gauge. (I find that the headrest is pretty good).

Step 4: Apply ducttape as necessary to ensure proper fitment/alignment.

That's It! Congrats on your new lighted boost gauge!

Old 07-25-2005, 01:14 AM
Administrator

i guess i read the question wrong but i say crack it open and replace the bulbs if ya kno wit your doin

Old 07-25-2005, 01:20 AM

No... there is no power going to it PERIOD. The lights are fine, as far as I know. There is something that looks like a socket in the back.
And Yes, Im chipped with APR.

Old 07-25-2005, 01:36 AM
4th Gear

Just get some 12guage wire and solder onto the back of ur guage, and then find a live wire under the dash for some power.Thats what i did.

Old 07-25-2005, 01:40 AM
1st Gear

you should only need to hook it up to a 12volt powe supply, well the bulb anyways

on my celica i have it attached to headlights on/off switch so that it will only power up when i have the lights onm its wired into the dashes power, the tach/speedo

do you still have the instructions, you could also look around the internet for them

Old 07-25-2005, 06:11 AM

Thats what I need... I want it to come on when I turn the lights on. Thats what Im really asking.

Old 07-25-2005, 06:27 AM

do you mind if the gauge always lights up with key on, or do you only want it on when the headlamps come on...remember our audi culster lights are always on when they are running so it wouldn't look that strange if you had it come on with the key. Either way. your going to need to find a good ground for it. and if you want it to come on with the headlamps...find a wire that is live when the headlamps are on, or key on..just find a wire that is live when the key is on. Using your trusty DMM to find which wires are live when. And if you don't even know how to use a DMM i'd probably leave the install up to someone else.

Old 07-25-2005, 11:54 AM
1st Gear

Depends where you boost gauge is located. If its in your air vents, use the wire the lightts the vents.

Quick Reply: Putting power to my boost gauge...