Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

pushed my clutch to far?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 03:50 PM
5th Gear
Default pushed my clutch to far?

ok so my clutch started slipping about a year ago. i didn't have the funds to get a new one so i just kept driving with it like that. it wasn't too bad and only slipped under WOT. now that my financial aid has come in i was planning on going back home cause i can get my clutch put in really cheap down there (and its my birthday on sat) but as i was driving back from the club last night my clutch crapped out on me. i made it all the way to my neighborhood but as i left first gear and tried to put it into second it wouldn't go into gear. i tried the other gears and it wouldn't go into any of them either, but i was able to put it back into first. i just rode it in first gear and parked. then this morning i went to see if it the problem was still there. car went into reverse fine but the car started shaking as i let out the clutch. went into first gear fine but again shaking. as i drove down the road the car was shifting fine but then i had trouble getting it into gear again so i tuned down a small side street and it was the same. sometimes it would have no problem going into gear, othertimes it would take a few tries. and it almost always shakes in 1st and reverse.

so did i mess up anything else in the car or is the clutch just finally gone? im almost certain i'll need a new flywheel as well, but i just wanted to make sure i didn't mess anything else up.

and one more question. i have this huge party and everything planned down in s. fl for my birthday and i dont wana miss it, would it be safe to drive my car home? im highly doubting it but its worth a shot to ask. i have the sh!ttiest luck[&o]

Old 09-19-2007, 04:23 PM
I'm make believe
Default RE: pushed my clutch to far?

my clutch in my last car totally went on the way to have it replaced. It was like being in nuetral in everygear. You need to have it changed NOW. You will need a new clutch kit w/ flywheel.

Old 09-19-2007, 04:27 PM
1st Gear

no, sh!tty luck is lending a car to a freind and she ignores the brake light blowing out the rear pads, rotors, calipers 6 days before you leave to move outta state. you can't get it to mesh into any gears? w/a blown clutch, you should be able to find a sweet spot for each gear. also, when i was @fsu, there weren't any clubs up there. can't imagine anything worth a tuesday night now. lesson:
extra driving on a tues night from a club in tallahassee just before a long trip w/knowledge of car trouble=staying home or paying extra to have repair done in time to travel.
ps-when i had car trouble up there w/my nissan, those local boys tried to make me grab my ankles. tight knit group up there. they smelled blood and and each told one another. my parts doubled in price in the 20 minutes it took me to get to the store after they found out it was a need, not a whim.

Old 09-19-2007, 04:47 PM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: cincyTT
w/ flywheel.
He did not want to hear that.

Old 09-19-2007, 04:48 PM
5th Gear

plenty of clubs up here now. my roommate is a club promoter and knows the guy who plans practically every party in Tally, so we get into all the clubs free. we hit up 3 last night and all 3 were bumpin. every night of the week is like a weekend here

and the clubs were all within 2 miles of my house. so the clutch woulda probly gone out on my way to the interstate to go back home. and the clutch is only burnt out in the first place cuz i let my friend drive the car. he brought it back and the clutch was literally smoking

Old 09-19-2007, 04:50 PM
5th Gear

ORIGINAL: onepoint8tee

w/ flywheel.
i knew it was coming. this job is gona set me back so much[&o]

Old 09-19-2007, 04:51 PM
I'm make believe

w/ flywheel.
well even if you could resurface a dual mass, it would be toast since the clutch went completely.

Old 09-19-2007, 05:36 PM
Site Moderator

w/ flywheel.
well even if you could resurface a dual mass, it would be toast since the clutch went completely.
+1, 1.8T flywheels almost never survive the clutch going out. Your gonna find that it has heat spots on it and it will be warped beyond the point of being able to turn it.

Old 09-20-2007, 01:19 PM
5th Gear

im talking with this guy at southbend and he said that i could just get my flywheel resurfaced. is this true? or is it probly too damaged to be resurfaced? or is there no way to tell until i get the flywheel out and have a look at it...

Old 09-20-2007, 01:24 PM
I'm make believe

You wont know unless the fw is out. I keep hearing you cant resurface them, but if southbend says you can, i would beleive them. But if you said iclutch istoast, like auditech and i have said, itsmost likely past repairable.

best of luck though.

Quick Reply: pushed my clutch to far?