Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Progress pics of my trunk setup

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2005, 11:51 PM
1st Gear
Default Progress pics of my trunk setup

Hey I've posted a couple pics of what I've been workin on and had some people tellin me to post more pics when I get em, so here's a few teasers of what I'm up to...got my subs the other day so it put me into get-work-done mode today...you can always check out the full progress at my website at:

http://www.sfn-racing.com/mwaudi/system.html

Old 06-26-2005, 01:25 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Progress pics of my trunk setup

yeah, keep it updated

Old 06-26-2005, 02:13 AM
1st Gear

Not bad at all.. Did you used bondo brand body filler, Rage gold, or Dyna DeLite? the latter 2 would have saved you some elbow grease.. Looks like you did some serious research...

Old 06-26-2005, 02:15 AM
1st Gear

Evercoat, actually...one step below Rage Gold...and about half the price. Thanks to my orbital sander, it's saved a lot of elbow grease...I've been selling car audio for 5 years now and been into it since I was 16, so goin on 7 years. This setup appeals to me because it's simple, yet it's gonna look great when I finish.

Old 06-26-2005, 02:21 AM
rs
2nd Gear

good work dude. im likin, def keep us updated, after i fix my clutch i move onto my system aswell, i got 3 amps dyin to meet the car hehe

btw, what kinda amp(s) u gonna be running in ur setup?

Old 06-26-2005, 02:54 AM
1st Gear

it sounds crazy but for the time being i'm running the stock fronts off my Alpine CDA-9835, and the stock rears off the stock amp. the two kappa perfect VQ subs will be powered with an MTX Thunder 7801 (800x1 RMS at 2ohm).

Old 06-26-2005, 04:07 AM
Administrator

lookin good man

and i was wonderin
initialdtm do u play that arcade game Initial D

Old 06-26-2005, 06:46 AM
5th Gear

Is it wise to lean your cell phone against a huge magnet? Magnets and electronics don't get along terribly well

Box looks good though, hope it all works out. Nice move with the yellow top... something I want to do down the road, but mine will go in the trunk, and a regular battery will stay up front. Yellow tops dont like cranking a car in -20 degrees celcius weather.

Old 06-26-2005, 12:58 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: headshok2002

Is it wise to lean your cell phone against a huge magnet? Magnets and electronics don't get along terribly well

Box looks good though, hope it all works out. Nice move with the yellow top... something I want to do down the road, but mine will go in the trunk, and a regular battery will stay up front. Yellow tops dont like cranking a car in -20 degrees celcius weather.
It won't hurt the phone, I'm not worried about that.

And actually, a Red top under the hood is the best and a yellow top in the trunk is the BEST way to go.

And yes, I have played the Initial D Arcade game before, it's alright but I've played better. But I am a huge fan of the series.

Old 06-27-2005, 04:35 AM
Administrator

casue i used to watch the anime it kinda got boring a lil in stage 4 so i dont keep up wit it anymore

and i used to work at a place with an arcade so it was free to play that game i probly spent close to $1000 or even more on that game if i had to payed for it

Quick Reply: Progress pics of my trunk setup