Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The problems begin =(

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 10:10 PM
1st Gear
Default The problems begin =(

Hello again everyone. Right now im not very happy with the problems that have just begun. It started when I bought it and the front right DRL/ low light did not turn on. Well we looked at the bulb and the one part was burned out so I bought new ones and put it in. Now the problems started: when I pressed on the brake, the front blinker light goes on! Also it seems like a short as when I turn on the blinker it cuts off the main lights too or simply does not blink at all. The bulb seemed very hot too. We are guessing its the ground. Anyone have any advice? Similar problems? Anything is appreciated! Thanks.

Old 09-21-2007, 10:23 PM
5th Gear
Default RE: The problems begin =(

check all ur fuses first. it seems like there are wires that are touching each other that should not be. also wut yr and engine do u have?

Old 09-21-2007, 10:24 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: hiwords

check all ur fuses first. it seems like there are wires that are touching each other that should not be. also wut yr and engine do u have?
Its a '98 A4 1.8T. Just bought her 2 days ago =( . Where can I find a chart of the fuses (Not on the inside on lid..)

Old 09-21-2007, 10:28 PM
5th Gear

ur fuses are located on the driver's side in the cabin. wait so u did find the fuses and the white pieces of paper isn't there? i believe the b5s did not come with DRL. but u can mod it to have DRL

Old 09-21-2007, 10:29 PM
1st Gear

Yeah I am aware of where the fuses are, but no paper is there.. They are numbered on the cover but no paper. Is it in the manual/ online somewhere? Thanks.

Old 09-21-2007, 10:35 PM
5th Gear

i actually tried to take a pic of it last night but ma phone cam wont' do it even wid 2.0 megapixels.
http://www.audiworld.com/tech/elec87.shtml

that's for a 98.5 1.8t with manual trans

Old 09-21-2007, 10:46 PM
1st Gear

Alright well we checked the fuses and they seem to be fine and not burned out. Something that may not be relevant is that the top brake light is always lit when the lights are turned out. That seems to be not right..

Old 09-21-2007, 10:51 PM
5th Gear

ae u sure it's the brake light or is it the rear fogs? im not very familiar with the older tails. to tell u the truth, im not sure wut else to tell u. i hope somebody more knowledgeable would chime in. sry dude

Old 09-21-2007, 11:02 PM
1st Gear

Thanks a lot for just leading me somewhere. My car actually has the newer tails... I think I may be onto something right now but im not sure.. I think that the brake light has a 5amp fuse where a 10 is supposed to be (the brake fuse).

Old 09-21-2007, 11:33 PM
1st Gear

NVM.. But this definitely has to do something with the brake lights.. So does anyone know if the top brake light is supposed to light up once the lights are turned on ?

Quick Reply: The problems begin =(