Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PRE-OWNED warranty NOT TRANSFERABLE!

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2006, 07:36 PM
1st Gear
Default PRE-OWNED warranty NOT TRANSFERABLE!

I'm getting ready to sell my car to a guy and he tells me that a dealer told him that as of AUGUST 1st the Pre-Owned warranties WILL NOT BE TRANSFERABLE to subsequent owners. This is the 8-year 100,000 mile warranty. WHAT THE HECK!! I was never notifed! August 1st is 4 days away!!! So I call Audi Customer Support and sure enought the customer service guy puts me on hold for a few minutes, comes back and says that it's a brand new policy and as of August 1st the warranties will not be transferrable to new owners.

Has anyone else heard of this. Audi's just asking to get sued again.

Old 07-28-2006, 08:56 PM
Administrator
Default RE: PRE-OWNED warranty NOT TRANSFERABLE!

hmm havent heard of this.. care to enlighten us with more info if you come across it??

the Stock warranties are still transferable right?

Old 07-28-2006, 10:38 PM

I really love my A4 but this is just upsetting. Why is Audi NA dropping the 50k miles free services and now doing this? Dare I mention them but BMW had a commercial not too long abou that advertised everything was covered until 50k. Hmm. I can't believe their doing away this kind of stuff. It brought so much to the brand. If they can't take all the free service, then stop making CELs pop for stupid reasons...

Old 07-29-2006, 01:39 AM
4th Gear

He didn't mean that the 4 year 50K mi. will be discontinued. He is referring to an extended warranty.

Old 07-29-2006, 08:28 AM
4th Gear

What does your extended warranty contract say about transferrability or not transferrability. They can't change a written contract.

I would say that if the paperwork doesn't mention about transferrability, you are OK, because it is the car that is insured, not you.

Old 07-29-2006, 08:39 AM
4th Gear

From Audi's web site.

1 Up to six years from new vehicle in-service date or 100,000 total vehicle miles, whichever occurs first. The warranty is transferable for $150, except where prohibited by law.

So if that was in effect at the time you bought the CPO, you are OK. Audi can't change the rules of an existing warranty. They can only make new CPO warranties non-transferrable.

Old 07-31-2006, 09:42 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: david9999

From Audi's web site.

1 Up to six years from new vehicle in-service date or 100,000 total vehicle miles, whichever occurs first. The warranty is transferable for $150, except where prohibited by law.

So if that was in effect at the time you bought the CPO, you are OK. Audi can't change the rules of an existing warranty. They can only make new CPO warranties non-transferrable.

That's what I thought! Even when you call Audi customer service, not everyone knows about it. The guy buying my car called and spoke with two people and both said there is no such August 1st change. When I called the guy told me it's a new policy.

Anyway, the guy buying my car will submit the transfer of owner documents and hopefully have no problems. I'll definately let everyone know if I find out anything additionally.

Old 01-14-2009, 01:41 PM

I actually ran into this problem today. It seems that this policy is in affect as of the beginning of this year. I went in to get a repair done on my 2004 Audi A4 and for the first time the technician said that the name on the warranty doesn't match the owner (me) of the car. He asked me if I ever transferred the warranty and I never did since I never had this problem (bringing in the car for warranty repair) last year. I call Audi of America to do the transfer and the rep said I cannot. Cars that have been CPO'd after Aug 1st, 2006 are not transferable. My car was CPO'd Aug 7th, 2006. As you can see, I'm pretty damn upset right now since my A/C compressor is dead and the dealer wants to charge $1400 for the repair.

Last edited by archinut; 01-14-2009 at 01:47 PM.